Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought car 6 months ago it was babies garage kept used for weddings etc. Has only 120km on it. About a month ago we noticed upon cold start with clutch in it made no noise let cluchbout in neutral u hear a pinging sound. Check fluid it was over full and I caught what came out which had a small amount of metal in it. Its gotten louder and almost sounds like a spring end broke off and is bouncing around it there. Shifts smooths doesn't slip. Wondering wtf is going on. Trans shop who is a acquaintance of mine says the cheapest cluch lackbincouldnfinbis 850 and your looking at about 1600.00 Canadian pesos. I couldn't believe it . So he said that then if it is a trans they are few are far between and are in the 3k range plus the 16 for clutch is this some sorf of joke. Way more than I paid for the car. Granted it's a nice car all the options are there and the exterior is mint has painted calipers and new rims and tires. Looking for device here guys I've pulled many auto trannies and motor swamps but never done a clutch job or gone inside a standard. What to do people please help.

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
48 Posts
850 sounds like the Canadian equivalent about what Mitsubishi charged me for the clutch kit for my gt in 08. The last one I put in my car was a Luk for $460 with a lifetime warranty from autozone.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,397 Posts
850 sounds like the Canadian equivalent about what Mitsubishi charged me for the clutch kit for my gt in 08. The last one I put in my car was a Luk for $460 with a lifetime warranty from autozone.
The GS clutch and flywheel is significantly cheaper than the GT as well. That just raises more questions about why they'd be charging so much, unless the prices include installation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He said 850 just for clutch and 8 to 900bfor install. I watched video the guys just like me wrenches all the timebjustbhad never done a clutch. Has no hoist of fancy shit. And it took he mim 2.5 hours. Guys a straight up scammer and in expert google reviewer so I made sure to tell the ppl. He put his mentor out of biz by doing fair cheapbjobs at 1st. 5 years ago I brought him the dreaded caravans with the notorious trannies and he we donfor 900ncash. Now that he put the man who taught him everything and he's the only guy in town he's just removing insane numbers out there. He a joker. I politely called him on it and showed him there's plenty of stock and it's very straightforward job (this was over the phone) and he's response was I don't need this shit rocky come pick up yur spare key and then hung up. . Unbelievable this guy

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
48 Posts
My ring gear seperated from my flywheel spring of 2020. I did the clutch in my car last fall with 2 jack stands, 2 floor jacks and the tools needed. after getting the flywheel fixed and back to me, it took me about a week to get it back together due to misplaced bolts and having to goto work. if you have pulled an auto trans you can do a clutch job. just pay attention to how you put the clutch plate in. i accidentally put one in backwards and it lasted 19k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts