Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Got this for my daughter. Original HID headlights that you can adjust for load leveling. Needs new headlight assemblies. Can't find anywhere. I'm looking for suggestions what to replace assemblies with. Best lights ? I'm good with wiring if needed. She like the clear shiny look. Lol. Thanks y'all. Walt

·
1,969 Posts
Not sure about the HID lights on the 2009+ because I'm pretty sure most of the aftermarket lights are designed to plug into the non HID 06-08 setups; I can try and look around later for you

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts
You should be able to wire them up, as the ballasts for the factory HID are internal with the bulbs. So I'd suggest these

https://www.autocityimports.com//20...lo-projector-headlights-chrome-tm-p-7847.html

They're shiny and clear, which she likes, and are dual bulb headlights instead of dual filament bulbs, changing instead to H1.

They also have white halos, as well as orange accessory lights at the top, which could be wired in with the blinkers quite easily. That said, the halo rings are fairly dim, as they just use a single LED and a fiber optic ring.

OEM is where best quality is found with the HIDs, but with that, those headlights are selling for hundreds of dollars each at times.

What's the exact issue with the leadlights? Eg, if the lenses are just scraped up badly, it would be cheaper to buy a random orbit sander, a pack of sanding disks, a power buffer, some pads and polish; than to buy a single replacement headlight used of that style.

Welcome to Club4g. A VERY important thing to be aware of, is that if the timing belt snaps on these, the engine needs to be rebuilt. It's prone to doing piston damage, and variable head damage beyond simple bent rods. If there's no record of the belt having been changed, change it anyway. Visual is not a test. I have a collection of 100,000+ mile timing belts hanging on a wall, most of which look fine with some even looking like fresh writing, but were ready to snap or loose teeth upon examination up close out of the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Especially about the timing belt. Not sure about dim halos though. Any others you'd recommend? And nice idea about the turn signal lights

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Idea??? I found led kit plug and play for the hids I have now. Can I replace headlight assemblies with halogen type and just put the LEDs in those housings since I can't get replacement hid housings? Looking at xenonpro kits and factory halogen housings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts