Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the lowdown:

I have changed the camshaft sensor/crankshaft sensor, thermostat, coils, spark plugs, coolant, cleaned MAF, cleaned throttle body, put new clutch and throwout bearing. Oil is topped off good and no real leaks.

The car drives real good for about fifteen minutes and then at a full stop dies and doesn't want to start back up, unless I let it sit for about 20 minutes stranded. The car will shoot P0340 codes for cam and crank shaft sensors, and then another for random misfires detected. I don't see any bad wires but ill have to strip it down and take a closer look at the wiring. I'm just at a loss for words, I've replaced both sensors and I'm still getting stalling and rough starts, then the cam and crank shaft codes??? Any ideas and help will be appreciated...thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I did my timing belt. I got the code for the crankshaft sensor. I would start my car before I put everything back together then after I had all back together the car wouldn't start. It turned out to be a loose wire in the harness. So when I got my car to start I pulled on all the wires until I found the lose connection in the wire harness to the crank sensor I did this by having the car running. The loose wire pulled right out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the input, I will try the loose wire technique, but the car will either die at a full stop(like coming to a stop sign) or will start jerking really bad and then die suddenly...I should've mentioned the second way it died, totally forgot.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Battery connection dirty?
Relay overheating?
Lower timing cover damaged? (Has the crank sensor plug)
Knockoff Fastworks tune, not from Fastworks?
Immobilizer?
Knockoff Fastworks tune? How is that possible? You wont mention something unless you suspect something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts