Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I know this sounds a little ridiculous so I wanted to get some extra feedback from everyone. Just to see if it would be as dangerous as I would think. So as of right now, the front two wheels are roughly 7/8" from being flush with the fender, while my rear passenger is 5/8" and the driver rear is 1 5/8" .. yes 1" pushed in further.. I'm guessing previous owners either got slammed, or slid hard into the curb. Anyways, in order to counter that I was looking into buying 1inch spacers for all around, and then one 2inch for the driver rear. 50mm is a lot, and I'm not too sure if this would be the right suggestion at all. Here's some pics, you can tell slightly. Look at the rears

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not the answer you probably want but you should get the damage repaired rather that adding the spacer. The spacers cause enough damage on their own. I can't imagine what could happen with the damage and spacer.

·
Much Parts, Little Money.
1,772 Posts
I can only imagine how fucked you would be with spacers. Spacers, even in 1/4" sizes, put a tremendous amount of strain on the axles/wheel bearings. Can you imagine turning? Or going over a speed bump when the axle is already showing flex? This is a suicidal idea OP. Fix your shit, then get the right wheel set. DO NOT mess with spacers. Theres a wheel fitment thread with 300+ pictures for a reason bro.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Get your vehicle inspected by a competent mechanic, see what damage there is, and fix it before you start modding/adding stress to some already overexerted parts. Safety above all else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts