Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new to the group, and not sure if this topic has been covered, please send the thread if so. i bought a 2001 gs 5 speed, for 400 running, w/o dtc codes, had a slight idle prob after warm, and pulling up to a red light car had to be in neutral and the throttle had to be feathered to keep running. also had a slight smoke problem. i got home ripped off valve cover, and spark plugs, found oil in guides, checked compression and held under pressure for 15 mins no loss and comp. was within param. checked and cleaned throttle, replaced iac, cleaned egr, and maf. found that #4 cyl, had bad threads, re tapped, replaced all seals and gasket for valve cover, no smoke and car stared idling,:fever:, took out a couple times ran great, no codes, started 2 days later car idled for about 5 mins took around block no prob. parked and let idle, car died, :scratch: restarted, and it died like it was being choked out by tito ortiz, now i have a cam pos. sensor code, and a idle air systems code, relearn was done according to forum members, long story short tried to unhook maf did same start/died has anyone experienced this prob, and can you please direct me in the right direction to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts