Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
3K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  yungbawss 
#1 ·
Been looking around these forums for a little while and just decided to make an account, possibly to contact Hackish about obtaining a tune as well.
Don't have pics of the radio equipment in but might post later.
Looking at adding a muffler and spoiler still.

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 4cyl Auto 4 spd

Performance Mods:
DC Sports CAI
All air intake resonators deleted/removed
Exhaust manifold

Audio Mods:
Pioneer FH-X830BHS Head Unit
Pioneer GM-A3602 Amp
Rockford Fosgate P1 250watt rms 4ohm SVC in Rockford Ported Box

LEDGlow Underglow

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for your response, I liked fast and furious so I decided I'd try to sort of theme the car that way, even though I realize that it was a 2G Eclipse and it was green lol. Someday I plan on ripping the stickers off and having the car repainted a dark blue once the stickers get bad enough and the paint starts chipping and panels rusting more.

I did try to dress up the engine bay to give it a much cleaner look because the engine paint that was on there stock was chipping off as well.

Some people really like my car and others say not as much, or they're just jealous :headbang: haha

Doesn't really matter because I like it and my girl digs it too lol

I still wanna grab a spoiler and a muffler for it, any recommendations?

#7 ·
Is that your ride? It’s sweet! To make the bumper like that do you just paint the middle black or is it an aftermarket bumper? And I would like to paint my rims eventually too

For a spoiler I was thinking more like one of these:
https://www.carid.com/2006-mitsubishi-eclipse-spoiler/pure-rear-spoiler-941827.html

For a muffler I was wanting either the RRE magnaflow muffler that bolts on and hangs properly or a cheap DC Sports muffler

Then a tune from hackish on fastworks and I think I’ll be done modding this car lol, trying to find a chrome gas cap somewhere

#8 · (Edited)
You'll get a little more power out of a complete catback rather than a simple axelback. I'm not particularly well versed on GS running gear, but I believe the Magnaflow catback is a solid option (someone else may be able to chime in here). An RRE header will be even more beneficial. As for a tune, I can personally attest to Hackish's fine work. He worked on my car and it picked up over 50hp from stock, so really not arguing with those results lol. A fully bolted & tuned GS should be putting down in the area of 170whp

Magnaflow catback

RRE's website, GS
header at the top

#9 ·
It's not mine, but that's just the 06-08 bumper painted black. I did that to my 2009 though. You can find mine in my build thread, form my signature below.

The magnaflow catback is alright, but you'll get away a lot cheaper getting a full custom exhaust at an exhaust shop. I paid $180+mufflers

Full bolt on and tuned AUTOMATIC GS is about 170whp as well. The manual guys, with a good aggressive tune, were seeing in the 180-185whp area. Depends if you're going for power or sound though

#14 ·
Bolt ons are things that require no custom work, just wrenches, and already exist on the open market.

A full bolt on GS is generally:
Underdrive pulley, header, cold air intake, GT throttle body, aftermarket exhaust the entire way that is larger than stock (2.25" or 2.5" best, depending on if you plan to run FI or do an engine build), and then a tune, because without a tune you're not gonna see much in terms of power gains from an intake or exhaust, and could actually lose power from some parts.

I'm pretty sure all of the top dyno runs were catless. Resonators don't really affect power by any significant factor. Muffler design matters, but don't bother with a straight through muffler vs a well designed one with baffles inside. Straight through is just annoyingly/undrivably loud to me, having run with one and no cats or resonator for a couple days on a 2.5" exhaust.

And yeah, the underdrive is the powered wheel for the serpentine belt. It's 4 bolts to get off, and if you can change your serpentine belt, you can change the pulley. PS: You'll need to change to a smaller serpentine belt

Full bolt on, you're looking 30whp at $1800 if you use a pre-built parts and buy them new, and install yourself. That would be the magnaflow catback, RRE header, DC sports CAI, a used GT throttle body for $50 (one for sale on the forum currently), RRE underdrive pulley, serpentine belt, openport 2.0 cable, reflash by Hackish/Stayer

I hate to be the guy to say it, but with a GS, you're not gonna make much power unless you're willing to get into custom work. With an auto trans, from MK4MK6's research, you're capped around 250whp before it needs to be built up stronger at about $6000. An auto GS isn't a good starting point for a speed build, so you may as well stick with looks and sounds, go manual, or go GT.

You can turbo a GS, but if you have to rely on other people building everything, you're in the $2600+ range with used parts. I'm doing my own exhaust manifold and downpipe, and am still looking close to $2000, with a used turbo and injectors. You'll still be limited by your auto trans though. If you switch to manual, it becomes a question of how risky you want to go. I'm shooting for 10psi from a 16g turbo, which hopefully will be in the 300whp area with a good setup and tune. But I wouldn't suggest it without a second car...

#16 ·
I agree 100% i have a GS AUTO with RRE header, cold air intake with a tune and some other small mods and if I could go back in time I would have just saved my money and spent it on my evo lol.
And to make matters worse I have the spider and that adds like 400 more pounds then the standard eclipse.
Only way I'm going to be quick is with a turbo or spray. But now it's my drive to the store/work car and she sits happy at 35 mpg I fill up once every 3 weeks I fucking love it

#21 ·
Thanks man

Ledglow.com is what mine are, the million color kit, they still work 4 years later through rain, snow, everything

I’ve gotten a Hackish tune and am currently running on E85 right now but nothing much else done to it since

And yeah, installed myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.