Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is been 10years (Lol) for the Emission Recall about the 2006 Eclipse GT Catalytic Converter.
I am living in California. A week ago I did the smog check, it didnt pass says the cats is not working properly. I had the "service engine light" on for more than six months, couldnt remember the exact. I went to couple repair shops for that they found no problems, so i just moved on with it lit up. Now I know it is probably because of the cats.
I have read some threads which are from years ago. I found most of people say that if the car mileage is under 80,000, the dealer will replace it for free.
I just don't know if it still works that way since it s been a long time for the Emission Recall. My car is under 80,000 still. Im the second owner. Only modified a cold air intake. If someone can give me a firm answer, I will be realy appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
To really help, we need to know which codes are causing the check engine light. It will be very easy to determine if it's the catalytic converter at all based on that code.

If you don't have a OBDII code reader, stop by an AutoZone or something like that and ask them to read your check engine light code.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Eclipse Recall/emr06002.pdf

I know nothing about actually being mileage based, but so few people have done this. Most people just got the reflash, and maybe your car has already had it taken care of even. But it's worth a shot. I'd hope that 11 years ago the owner of the car would have taken care of that though

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
There was an extended warranty for the cats, but it's since expired. I have the same issue, throwing codes P0174 and P0421. Dealer says my rear bank cat is failing and needs to be replaced, you're likely in the same boat. Even with the original reflash we still run too rich for then cats. I'm saving for a new cat and Hackish tune to solve everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. So now the only thing I can do is to get a new cats now....
There was an extended warranty for the cats, but it's since expired. I have the same issue, throwing codes P0174 and P0421. Dealer says my rear bank cat is failing and needs to be replaced, you're likely in the same boat. Even with the original reflash we still run too rich for then cats. I'm saving for a new cat and Hackish tune to solve everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts