Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, first post actually. So glad to find this site. I just bought my wife a 2006 Mitsubisi Eclipse GT, Ultra Pearl Red, Grey Leather Seats, every single option. Car has 120k miles, and was a one owner, dealer repairs only car. It runs and drives perfect, and my wife is in love with it. She named it Cinder.

So, the other day she was driving home, CE light came on, and i checked the codes. P0421. No drivability issues, other than the occasional shudder between 4th and 5th gear. Could the shudder and that code be connected? I know that the code is usually indicating that the catylitic converter is going bad. Any other reasons for that code that you know of?

Thanks for the help, I look forward to helping as well. I've rebuilt engines for 25 years, and have lots of machine shop/automotive knowledge.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had to replace my rear manifold/cat when I got that code. The code went away after doing so. I just got a p0431 code two days ago. That probably means my front one is done now. I'm thinking about RRE headers now. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts