Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm from Norfolk NE, I'm like the only eclipse enthusiest around here so these forums help me alot so first I'd like to thank everyone for their inputs even though you didn't know I reading them great info, anyway my friend and I always like to drive around and do stupid stop light races with his '03 Mustang GT and my '07 Eclipse GS, so we were racing from a dead stop I took him by almost a car length all the way until 3rd then he slowly passed me and eventually just pulled away but his rear bumper was only to my front bumper by the quarter mile was over...I know that the gs is no race car but I think for only having a cai with a 2.4 4cyl vs a 4.6 v8 thats not bad. (My gs is a manual his is an auto both only have a CAI, we both slip about the same amount I probably get better traction first bcz of fwd)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hmm, I am going to say the GT cannot launch? I raced a lot of V6 mustangs and I can only keep up with them, not beat them. Now a GT? I wouldnt even try, nor have I, so I cant say how well we do.

But other then that, 4cly vs v8, good job holding him off for the time you could

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya to be honest idk how I keep up and I'm not tryin to show off or nothin he's just the only one I can cruise around with so I have to make due know what I mean haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its an auto idk if its rly skill when it comes to auto all u have to do is put the pedal to the floor plus manual combined with an inline engine its going to have pretty good torque with enough rpm b4 dropping the clutch lol ya its bad i kno but it's all for fun

·
E85
6,368 Posts
did you put FWD and traction in the same sentence ??? :ndance:

·
Senor Member
575 Posts
Won't a CAI setup lead to less low end and more high end power?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We do race every chance we get it's always the same and a cold air will help basically all through out the rpm range mainly more in top end but right off the get go your car sucks in a big gulp and that gives u a small amount of low end torque but don't forget i'm droppin the clutch at about 4500 to 5000 rpm at times so that helps not good for the car but helps at that moment

·
"Uncle" Clayton
6,504 Posts
Wait, I just caught where you said you drop the clutch at 5K? Are you mad, your gonna turn that clutch into soup and quick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya i kno ive quit doing that dw i only drop it at 3500 now mayb once or twice a month depending on the situation...ya i don't rly feel like changing another clutch i did on my pickup awhile back

·
4G69er
2,225 Posts
Even 3.5 seems high to me , my 2 step is set up for 3k and that smokes the tires... 5k is useless, as for the stang gt it should of done better but props for hanging with him..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya 5k was a bit much i haven't had it long just doin the tests haha im getting smarter about that stuff about not doing it finding the right rpms for everything...drivin a lot of manual pickups sense 9 but this is first manual car...thanks man

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was taught to drive on a stick, got a car with a stick for about 4 months, I say 3k is fine depending on car.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts