Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new here and I couldn’t find anything on this subject… I have a 2007 eclipse Se automatic. Is there a supercharger kit that I can get for the se or a turbo kit that I can get? If so please let me know!!! Thank you all so so much!
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
You may find an old RIPP supercharger kit, but they're not very good.

There isn't really a GS turbo kit (I'm assuming yours is a GS by the bumper, SE tells us which stereo you have and similar, but not engine) out right now, but there's enough people who've done their own turbo builds, such as myself. They've been offered in the past, but don't count on finding one. Best bet is to piece the parts together yourself. Hardest part for most people is the exhaust manifold, luckily some of those are available, and soon a cheap log should be available too. It won't be good for high power, but my next point explains why that's fine for you.

Don't count on making much power out of a GS auto, but around 250whp can be handled by the trans in most cases if it's healthy. Else, going to a GS manual with an upgraded clutch, the trans will generally hold about 600hp

You'll then need custom tuning, but I sell the software

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
so do I own a se or a gs? Because I’ve been under the impression that I own a se???? I’m so confused
SE is just a package that can be added. Has nothing to do with the drivetrain. Nothing to do with suspension. Nothing to do with anything but visuals and a few interior bits. Then, everything that could come on an SE could also be on the non SE if someone specced it. Eg, your leather seats. SE all were supposed to come with fog lights, yours just has a GS bumper, it's possible it was crashed and just that was swapped on in a cheap rushed repair job where they didn't swap the fog lights over, but also possible that the original buyer told the dealer NOT to put them on the SE package (still would have paid for them, so likely an accident car if the ownership says it's an SE)

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Think of SE (special edition) as a package of add ons that has nothing to do with the engine or transmission or suspension. It affects the stereo, HVAC, fog lights, head lights, wheels, tires, seats, spoiler. But all the SE stuff could be found on non SE cars. Eg, I had a 2006 that had the Alcantara seats, auto HVAC, fog lights, SE body panels, SE wheels, but wasn't a GT SE. It was just a GT.

Then GS as meaning the 4 cylinder
GT as meaning the 6 cylinder.

Yours again though doesn't appear to be an SE, unless the SE stuff has been pulled out of it. And the badge on the back again is just something someone stuck on there, it's the badge from a Lancer Evolution 7/8/9 Special Edition

· TheSlow4g
2007 AWD Turbo GS
287 Posts
I am currently in the late design stages of building a the log style manifold mentioned above.

I will be working on a prototype in the coming weeks (currently waiting on parts to come in). And hopefully getting the first ones out to the public by summer-time. Eventually I will move to full turbo kits, but I will need a template car to work from. This is subject to change, but I'm looking at a price point of $500 for my manifold, and I can also source you probably 90% of the parts to complete it. You'd just need someone to make downpipe, wastegate dump, and cold side piping.

There's three other options available, FMS manifolds that come in T3 and T4. (I run their T4 on my car). They cost $899 and $1950, respectively. Both much more expensive than mine, and typically used for much higher power goals than your automatic will be able to achieve.

There's also Unsupported Performance which is working on a full turbo kit. But, I'm not sure of the release date, price, or specs of their kit, aside from some light discussion about it during our turbo talks.

As far as supercharger, there is a RIPP kit that existed at one point, but it's long been discontinued. There's a few for sale floating around but they're very hard to find and typically not very cheap.

Facebook is probably the easiest place to get in touch with us for this type of stuff. I'm a lot more active on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts