Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all the rainy days I've endured while owning this car for 5 years, just happened Jan 11, 2022. Have pics of leak. Started driving and a bunch of water dripped from button and drivers side air bag logo. Unsure what to do, read on orher forums there is a TBS of 06 and 07 models. But this is a 14 year old car. So unsure if this is a SOL scenerio or how to go about this. Much appreciated for any advice. Thank you.
Wood Grey Tints and shades Rectangle Pattern

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,786 Posts
Probably a dirty sunroof drain tube situation

At the corners of your sunroof, do you see the black tubes? They run front to back. People who frequently use their sunroof often get dirt in there, and if there's enough buildup it can cause it to plug. A bit of air blown through is a usual repair. Don't go crazy high with the pressure, start low and see what it takes to dislodge the debris.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a dirty sunroof drain tube situation

At the corners of your sunroof, do you see the black tubes? They run front to back. People who frequently use their sunroof often get dirt in there, and if there's enough buildup it can cause it to plug. A bit of air blown through is a usual repair. Don't go crazy high with the pressure, start low and see what it takes to dislodge the debris.
Appreciate this. Taking it to the shop and will clean it, knowing my luck of me trying I'm going to somehow screw something up bringing it to my work where they use high pressure air hoses. Thank you again.

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
1,441 Posts
If you don't find the leak because of the tubes. We just had to replace the entire seal gasket on my 2008 in December because it started to leak but I didn't have any water around the sunroof button, it was all was sitting in my back seat (my driveway is on an angle). Took the whole thing out, removed all of the gasket sealant and replaced with new and everything seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't find the leak because of the tubes. We just had to replace the entire seal gasket on my 2008 in December because it started to leak but I didn't have any water around the sunroof button, it was all was sitting in my back seat (my driveway is on an angle). Took the whole thing out, removed all of the gasket sealant and replaced with new and everything seems to be fine now.
Thursday getting the tubes drained and see if that fixes issue, after that go from there and hope that was it 🤞
Appreciate your input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.