Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

10 years ago when I bought my eclipse (3.8L V6) I had an Eibach lowering springs/kit installed. I just recently broke the rear passenger spring. The mechanic said I'd have to make sure to get the same size replacement spring. The problem is I can't remember the size of the springs, and how much my car was lowered. The only thing I remember was they were Eibach springs. I found 1.2/1.4" lowering springs online (part #6036.140) but it says they are for the 2.4L eclipse. Is there a difference between springs for the 3.8 and 2.4L? Also, likely due to the heavier weight, would springs for a hard-top eclipse be different than ones for the spyder?
Just want to be sure before I fork out the cash for the wrong springs
Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes the springs are all different front and rear for the GS and GT. GT Springs are bigger and stronger for sure. Ive had a set of each side by side and they were different springs. I’d rather be safe and get the GT springs rather than the GS ones and then when you install them, the car says more than it should. If it’s the rear it shouldn’t matter alllll that much since the fronts are the main difference due to the bigger engine but yeah if it was me I’d be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as an update just got done chatting with someone at CarId and he said this specific part (6036.140) won't fit because it's for a 2.4L. He suggested Tanabe springs. Are these any good? Not sure if I want 3 Eibach and one Tanabe spring on my car. Although in the description it says 2.4L and GT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts