Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

2009 eclipse cv axle driver's side pickle fork

952 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ffalcetta 
#1 ·
Trying to remove the axle, what type of pickle for do I need. Searched google and nothing shows specific. The one I have is to long, plus there's no room to hit it with a hammer.
Tnx

#2 ·
so i was able to get the axle out from the trans (it's a standard trans) was shocked to see the tranny oil come out. not sure what i expected but makes sense. should i replace the seal before i put in the new axle?
i have time as i have to wait for the hub assembly to come. i ordered a new one as the old axle is not coming out without a lot of damage. hopefully i can find a garage that has a press to get it out as i do need the main part of the assembly (not sure what that part is called that connects to the ball joints)

this has been a monstrous job, last time i did this was 30 years ago on a Honda whole job took 30minutes, mind you that was in Florida, here in Canada corrosion really impedes taking cars apart.

#4 ·
It happened the same way to be able to remove it from the hub without damaging it you have to get this extractor tool, to avoid spilling oil you have to lift the car to the maximum on the side that you are going to remove the CV, the oil seal, if you removed the CV very carefully no need to change it should not have been damaged, I hope I have helped you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.