Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HOONIGAN
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Could this be the newer version of what is known as the "DSM Craze"? :dunno:

I know that being iffy of what the EVOX price is and what they are talking about the cost for this one, I would buy one. :agreed: Probably will be one of Top 5 to check out at the show this weekend. :D

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart revealed

Leftlanenews.com said:
Mitsubishi this weekend announced the Lancer Ralliart — the latest addition to the Lancer family. The car is powered by a new 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC intercooled and turbocharged engine that develops an estimated 235 horsepower. The engine is mated to Mitsubishi's Twin Clutch-SST gearbox, featuring manual and automatic shift modes.

The Lancer Ralliart is positioned between the regular Lancer sedan and the new Evolution X. The car is visually distinguished by a more aggressively styled front bumper design, rear bumper cover, dual outlet muffler and a lightweight aluminum, ducted hood that delivers cooling air to the turbocharger.

The Lancer Ralliart's full-time 4WD driveline features Mitsubishi's Active Center Differential (ACD). The ACD unit employs an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch center differential, vectoring drive torque to the front and rear according to different driving conditions.

Available equipment and options to include: Recaro seats, HID headlights, 650 watt Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker audio system, Sirius satellite radio, power sunroof, and a 30 GB Hard Drive Navigation system.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
EVOX modded VS Ralliart Modded ..EVOX will win they would lose to much money if the Ralliart could be faster lol. Either way my car will smoke both of those cars lol hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I can handle it lol I hoping to hit 12's one street tires by then end of summer some headers and a 75 shot FTW lol. I will also get 17x8.5 evo rims with radials

·
BlackGuard Motorsports
16,085 Posts
guys, it's just like the wrx and the STi..
exactly why they are doing this, to keep up with Suburu.. and cause people are craving more turbo mitsu goodness :)

·
Eclipse MR
9,144 Posts
I tell you guys whats going to start to happen. People are going to start racing this RA lancer and think it is a new EVO.... then there going to win and say that the new EVO is slow and they have betten one.

·
BlackGuard Motorsports
16,085 Posts
thats fine.. cause then they will run across a real evo and get thier asses handed to them :)

·
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..
2,681 Posts
and there not useing the EVO motor either who ever buy the Ralliart is a NOOB. All the Eclipse GT's on this forum can beat them that sorry lol
dude you seriously need to read before you post sometimes.

It has been made very clear in numerous publications that the ralliart lancer will have the exact same motor as the evo, it will simply be detuned to a more moderate hp # I had oringinally heard that it would be a 5sp but it seems now you may be able to get it with paddles, im guessing as an option.

The ralliart will not come standard with recaros and some of the interior amenities found in the evo x, however many of these items will also be available as options on the ralliart.

As said above it is being built to compete head to head with a wrx, leaving the X to battle with the STI. And official pricing for the X was released yesterday and it will be 32k for the gsr(i think thats what they call it but I could be wrong) trim level and pricing on the mr trim level is still pending, but guesses are that it will be over 35k. Believe it or not the average american buyer is not looking to spend 35k on a compact 4 door, so Mitsu is very smart to give buyers a car that has much of the performance and style of the X but at a much more reasonable price point. And considering how godawful ugly the new scooby's are I think Mitsu may have a winner on their hands here.

And did you just say you're car would beat an X??? please tell me I read that wrong. 100 mph roll race...maybe. From a dig, no way in hell bro even with the mods you have at his point. i know you think the world of your car but seriously now...

·
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..
2,681 Posts
I tell you guys whats going to start to happen. People are going to start racing this RA lancer and think it is a new EVO.... then there going to win and say that the new EVO is slow and they have betten one.
on the flip side though, the smart kids will buy a ralliart and save 6-7k, build it up to EVO-X type power or more, and surprise the shit out of a lot of people.

However it will be interesting to see what kind of roadblocks MItsu puts on the ralliart to prevent people from making it into an EVO-X power wise. I had this discussion with a good friend the other day and he thinks they wont make it that hard, figuring that people who want to buy an EVO will and price wont stop them. I tend to agree with him to a point but only time will tell i guess.

This car is going to get a very serious look from me when they finally come out.

·
Its MIVEC not MYVEC silly
570 Posts
dude you seriously need to read before you post sometimes.

It has been made very clear in numerous publications that the ralliart lancer will have the exact same motor as the evo, it will simply be detuned to a more moderate hp # I had oringinally heard that it would be a 5sp but it seems now you may be able to get it with paddles, im guessing as an option.

The ralliart will not come standard with recaros and some of the interior amenities found in the evo x, however many of these items will also be available as options on the ralliart.

As said above it is being built to compete head to head with a wrx, leaving the X to battle with the STI. And official pricing for the X was released yesterday and it will be 32k for the gsr(i think thats what they call it but I could be wrong) trim level and pricing on the mr trim level is still pending, but guesses are that it will be over 35k. Believe it or not the average american buyer is not looking to spend 35k on a compact 4 door, so Mitsu is very smart to give buyers a car that has much of the performance and style of the X but at a much more reasonable price point. And considering how godawful ugly the new scooby's are I think Mitsu may have a winner on their hands here.

And did you just say you're car would beat an X??? please tell me I read that wrong. 100 mph roll race...maybe. From a dig, no way in hell bro even with the mods you have at his point. i know you think the world of your car but seriously now...
people have been complaing for the past few years that there is an Evo to compete with the STi but nothing to compare to the regular wrx.

im pretty sure there will be roadblocks to modding this ralliart but we will have to wait and see on the price. Dont forget that if mitsu is making a car cheaper than the evo x, then it will have to forgo some options so this will def not be in the same league as any evo by far. Its still a sweet car none the less. My guess with all the options its going to be near 30k, much like the regular evo is going to be close to 40 or over after dealer markup, so there will most likely be a large price gap in between the two

the GSR evo you mentioned is the 5 speed one, the six speed paddle shift evo is comming soon after that

but the ralliart might be a replacement car for everyone that cannot get the X, ive been hearing most of the evos are sold already, but we'll see. And you can get recaro seats as an option in the normal new lancer just fyi

·
HOONIGAN
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I can handle it lol I hoping to hit 12's one street tires by then end of summer some headers and a 75 shot FTW lol. I will also get 17x8.5 evo rims with radials
:lol: When I said Handle...I didn't mean like that. I highly doubt your car could handle as well as this one can, with out major under or oversteer. No matter what you have done to your suspension.

I doubt there will be hardly any roadblocks when it comes to modding this car. The only roadbloacks I see are called the 3G & 4G Eclipse. :(

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
people have been complaing for the past few years that there is an Evo to compete with the STi but nothing to compare to the regular wrx.

im pretty sure there will be roadblocks to modding this ralliart but we will have to wait and see on the price. Dont forget that if mitsu is making a car cheaper than the evo x, then it will have to forgo some options so this will def not be in the same league as any evo by far. Its still a sweet car none the less. My guess with all the options its going to be near 30k, much like the regular evo is going to be close to 40 or over after dealer markup, so there will most likely be a large price gap in between the two

the GSR evo you mentioned is the 5 speed one, the six speed paddle shift evo is comming soon after that

but the ralliart might be a replacement car for everyone that cannot get the X, ive been hearing most of the evos are sold already, but we'll see. And you can get recaro seats as an option in the normal new lancer just fyi
I didnt say the EVOX I was talking about the Lancer Ralliart and I bet I could take it from a dig too. When it is released in FL I will run one and post the vids

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Yah it will beat a stock EVO once the EVO will be released My car will have almost ever N/A bolt on there is lol it be a rape how 300BHP EVO vs almost a 300 WHP Eclipse off the bottle lol see where I am going with this lol

·
Eclipse MR
9,144 Posts
I see where your going FLGT and I have to say I agree. also I don't think this new EVO will be as fast as everyone thinks. I read somewhere that it only ran a 13.8 in the 1/4 mile.... but you can't really say yea or nay just yet cause it's not really out. But when it comes out I think I will hold up to it just fine. :crunk:

·
BlackGuard Motorsports
16,085 Posts
on the flip side though, the smart kids will buy a ralliart and save 6-7k, build it up to EVO-X type power or more, and surprise the shit out of a lot of people.

However it will be interesting to see what kind of roadblocks MItsu puts on the ralliart to prevent people from making it into an EVO-X power wise. I had this discussion with a good friend the other day and he thinks they wont make it that hard, figuring that people who want to buy an EVO will and price wont stop them. I tend to agree with him to a point but only time will tell i guess.

This car is going to get a very serious look from me when they finally come out.
look at the wrx crowd, alot of them are doing amazing things, and i see the same for the ralliart version. and with the base price right around 22-25k it's priced just right..
Now, i see mitsu releasing the RA concept with the same base power as the ralliart version, maybe higher and mitsu making a strong comeback in the tuner market :):runaway:

·
BlackGuard Motorsports
16,085 Posts
Yah it will beat a stock EVO once the EVO will be released My car will have almost ever N/A bolt on there is lol it be a rape how 300BHP EVO vs almost a 300 WHP Eclipse off the bottle lol see where I am going with this lol
from a dig, I doubt it... maybe top end.. but the evo will most definatly be geared better.. but it won't be a rape. . rape is like...supra TT Vs 3g gs lol
it really will come down to the actual weight of the X, the weight of your vehicle, and the driving skill of the drivers :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts