Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all over the site and have researched online with no luck. My 2011 GT has dual exhaust. I would like a louder exhaust but prefer bolt on and would love to be able to hear what it would sound like before I purchase. I want it to be louder outside the car but not inside. Although I am upgrading the stock speakers and sub to a much higher output. Most I find are not dual exhaust it seems and many people have good examples for a GS exhaust or for a GT earlier year model. Thanks all !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a dual exhaust. I would rather not change to single exhaust and therefore have to get a new rear bumper with only a single outlet.

·
1,972 Posts
Ok but I’m just letting u know that a single exhaust makes more power on the cars

We don’t have a v8 like a Mustang where you’re running two different exhausts down the whole car

The 4 cyl definitely needs a single exhaust because it’s an in-line 4 and all merged at the manifold

But even the GT needs a single exhaust on this car because of the way the longitudinally mounted V6 has both manifolds merge right up front on this car

Not like a rear wheel drive V engine where u can run both sides down the whole car like I said

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I understand your point that a single exhaust will give more power but keeping my dual exhaust look is desirable. If it already had a single exhaust I wouldn't be looking to change it to a dual exhaust but it is already there so I will leave it that way. Therefore, hopefully I can find a bolt-on exhaust solution to do what I want. It seems there are many out there for single exhaust or other options, deleting muffler/cat, etc. I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be which is why I am asking for advice of course. Would be great to know what any changes would sound like before paying for them to happen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts