Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a question do 2G eclipses fit onto a 4G eclipse. i have a couple people selling me manual transmission coming from a 2G eclipse with low mileage and no grinding or damage. if i were to buy this would it fit good or will it not fit at all?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I sincerely doubt it. Maybe a 3g transmission would work, but even then it would just be easier and less expensive to get a transmission that came as an option for the 4g. IE maybe just find a 4g 5spd?

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
64 Posts
2g mount with the trans on the passenger side. Everything is backwards.

3G and Lancer trans for 4G6# engines work. 1g and 2g are outliers in the Mitsubishi world
The 2g base, rs and gs are backwards.They run a 420a chrysler engine and trans. The gst and gsx mounts the same way.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,658 Posts
The 2g base, rs and gs are backwards.They run a 420a chrysler engine and trans. The gst and gsx mounts the same way.
Are you sure, because when I look at pictures, they aren't. Eg, this is shown as a 95 GST

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Auto part Car

And here's a 1998 GSX

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

And this is what I get when I look up 420a. It mounts the same, but isn't the same family of engine, and is a different bellhousing pattern than the 63 on the 1G/2G, or any other 4G6# engine
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold Vehicle

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
64 Posts
Ok im sorry. I had them backwards. The gst and gsx (4g63 cars) are backwards. 420a cars are the same orientation. Either way the 420a is a completely different engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts