Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the vehicle with the air intake already on(real shotty work to if i had a picture youd laugh) but the car runs, throws codes, but runs. My question to yall are, are these two hoses supposed to be just stuck in them? do i plug them? theres one skinny hose from the intake manifold to the air intake and another fatter hose from the bottom of the intake manifold to the intake as well. they just made holes in the piping and put them in there and electrical taped it to try and keep air out i guess. Im trying to figure out cause im gonna make a new intake with aluminum pipe and ima just drill a hole and fabricate a fitting on it

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
84 Posts
The small one is usually just capped off. It runs a vacuum actuator on the stock air box. The larger one is your pcv hose. An intake made for the vehicle would have had a port manufactured into the tube for it.

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
84 Posts
From that setup I am almost willing to bet you have a minimum of 3 codes. bank 1 and bank 2 lean and a maf sensor code.

If you have oil bypassing the pcv valve, a filter or a catch can will prevent oil from entering your intake and burning it.

yes it is an eyesore. someones very poor way of going cheap for no benefit. they would have been better off spending their $30 on a better stock style air filter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right. i popped the hood when i first got it and was laughing so hard but i dont have those codes the codes i have is a maf sensor one and a misfire in i think 4 cylinders and i dont think oil is bypassing at all, if it is its dripping in the intake i think :cry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what would i need to apply fastworks? i looked it up and it said a thread with some directions and i think they even said your name but it still confuses me a little because do i tune it myself then? cause i planned on getting someone to do it for me

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sayless thanks for all your help bro, do you have any suggestions on what to upgrade to enhance performance before the tune? im looking up other peoples builds right now to kinda get some inspiration but they keep saying gt’s dont got much aftermarket parts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was goin build a air intake kinda like a short ram with a filter and tubing from pep boys and and a maf housing i got off some site,
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

it was gonna look something like this sorry for my bad writing but i know your gonna say its sucking up hot air but my question to you honestly is is the maf sensor to close to the filter? should i put a pipe between the fliter and maf or should i put the maf on the other side of the pipe next to the throttle bodyand also the tubing is gonna be 3 inch aluminum

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
The maf needs a straight run of pipe before and after it for 3 inches minimum. If you want to have it at the filter, you'll need a different style of maf with a honeycomb across the whole tube. And 3" piping will require a tune for your car to not run lean, as the sensor won't have as much air passing it directly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts