Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new to the forum thing i am writing this post cause i recently received a 4g eclipse from my mother who passed. the tlc light and car sliding around light comes on everytime i start the car and drive about 10 miles. there is a ticking noise when i brake tho like a broken joint or bearing but i dont think that would trip that light please let me know if yall know how to diagnose or test why this light comes on thank you

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
A good OBD scan tool will tell you exactly what fault is being thrown that is causing the traction control to disengage. Asking a mechanic shop to diagnose it is likely your best bet before you throw hundreds of dollars and tens of hours labour into what it COULD be. Eg, any wheel speed sensor, reluctor ring, bad wheel bearing, a wrong sized tire, issue with the brake light wiring, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sayless thank you g, i planned on takeing it in and asking them to check it out then do the work myself if its easy enough i thought comin on here someone might have had the same problem and had a solution

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
That's fair. Many people have had the issue, but with so many causes, and many variables that it could commonly be, it's best to see exactly which of them it is.

The ticking could also be so many things it's tough to say, especially not knowing the vehicle's history or actual location it comes from.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if im goin like 60 mph and step on the brake as im decelerating once i get to 20-15 mph you notice this rhythmic ticking sound then when i come to a stop it stops

·
Registered
333 Posts
If your not familiar with cars it would definitely be worth the money to have someone thats is go over the whole car and give you a list of what may be needed. As already mentions, have the car scanned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts