Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I have an issue with my car, i got it about a year ago and recently I was traveling around 200km each day for about 3 weeks. at some point the car started having like a lag when accelerating. the rebs go up and then down and then it accelerates. so I get to work and notice that on both chambers there was oil in the sparks plugs. i change sparks, and the valve head gaskets and o rings too the leak stop but the car still not accelerating properly.
this happens everytime I try to accelerate (not when I change gear). 1st its ok but 2nd gear and on it happens. i got it scan but nothing shows
what could it be?

miss fire? if so why?

·
Basically Stock
5,693 Posts
If the RPM goes up but the speed doesn't, it's not an engine issue, it's clutch. There's a mechanical link between the engine crankshaft (what your RPM shows you) and your transmission (represented by vehicle speed). If the engine RPM moves without the other, it's always that link.

You may have a rear main seal leak, you may have a worn clutch disk. A leak will make it slip due to being oily. The worn clutch disk would slip due to just being low friction.

Usually a worn clutch will be worst in higher gears. So this all sounds like clutch slip. There will be no codes for a worn clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts