Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

201 - 220 of 408 Posts

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
only one more x is missing on your parts list :) with all the work you put into it that bitch better turn!! best of luck
Yep, just ordered that part today :biggrin:

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 · (Edited)
We had beautiful, sunny, 65 degree weather all week, and today its cold and raining and they are calling for snow tomorrow. And I know exactly why mother nature is doing this.... cause i got my parts today!

and the HID's I got from Keenan

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I've been putting this off, but I had snapped a bolt when I was removing the AC compressor from the GS motor. Got it drilled out and all, I should be alright just using a nut and bolt to re-attached the AC hose. If that fails, i'll just tap it and use the appropriate bolt.

Here are some pics from that mess.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Looks.like.a.box.of.monsters. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
We had beautiful, sunny, 65 degree weather all week, and today its cold and raining and they are calling for snow tomorrow. And I know exactly why mother nature is doing this.... cause i got my parts today!

and the HID's I got from Keenan

you don't even know if the car will turn on yet and you're already buying goodies for it lol I think you've been bitten by the modding bug multiple times

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
I got $4k tied up in it, failure is not an option! I got bitten by that bug a looong time ago :)

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
OK, so problem report # 1 - No Spark!

We've removed a coil/spark plug from the front of the motor and they were so dead you could hang on to them while cranking the motor.

I didn't have time to get too involved with troubleshooting before work, but my plan once I get home is to check all fuses/relays, connections to the crank angle sensors, and grounding points. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

My biggest fear is that the timing may be off slightly from when I did the timing belt, but I doubt if it is off a tooth or two, that it would prevent spark. You can hear the motor build compression as it turns with no signs of interference.

I am not trying to run the motor at this point, we are just checking that everything is in working order. We have fuel pressure, and fuel injectors confirmed working at this point.

Shot of motor with no wireharness

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Figured out the problem, one of the terminals connected to the ECU wasn't seated correctly, so now we have spark. Glad it was something simple!

I may have to post this on the somewhere else, but I have two plugs that still need a home.

Does this one just get grounded somewhere?

And, what is done with the OEM airbox solenoid plug?

·
Lathe Master
3,876 Posts
You need to keep that solenoid plugged in, you just relocate the solenoid, re-route the vac line, and block off one port of the line with a small cap. Should be some documentation on Fujita's website or something.

The other random pin I think you just find chassis ground.

·
Contributing Member!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 · (Edited)

·
the mathematical
1,793 Posts
Awww. AWWW. That's a tease, it's not "first start", it's already started in both those vids. I wanted to hear it turn over for the first time.

Bitching and moaning aside, that's pretty snazzy.

201 - 220 of 408 Posts