Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
resident crossplatformer
1,489 Posts
300 is historically very possible with bolt ons, headers and a tune with these engines, none MIVEC, I think the record is sub 300whp, but that was at high altitude with a built engine and lacking a good tune. Are you going to use the stock engine control or something else?

·
resident crossplatformer
1,489 Posts
I might have been mistaken then, it probably was with a ported intake manifold, some guys did also play around with reducing drivetrain loss with lighter wheels.

Exhaust length doesn't particularly play much at all with scavanging, but going too large in diameter would kill low end without higher BMEP (however you might do that). I'm painted into a weird corner because the engine going into my car is likely pushing 400HP at the crank may choke on the Y pipe outlet from race type headers from RPW

·
resident crossplatformer
1,489 Posts
That makes sense, I didn't think about it that way

RPW a time ago made twin turbo exhaust manifolds for the 6g7 SOHC 24v platform, they might have a pair sitting on a shelf somewhere

I'll throw together a build thread on here sooner or later, my old one was at Galant Tuners which that forum no longer exists, it is just a matter of getting a couple hours behind my computer to do it

·
resident crossplatformer
1,489 Posts
The link isn't working for me. But, I'll still probably just make my own if I do them right off the manifolds. Otherwise, they'll both just go behind the engine. There's about 3' of space there (from the rear motor mount back is empty space for the exhaust stuff)

More for the pre made manifolds than anything

·
resident crossplatformer
1,489 Posts
The tensioner pulley maybe not down enough or something walked, maybe something shifted with the waterpump. Timing is my biggest concern with my engine build

belts, main bolts and main bearings seem to be the only weaknesses of these engines

did you bend any valves?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts