Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ideal for the axles would be straight out, yes. Less CV wear. But it wouldn't be ideal for the control arms, as you'd be rocking them past the neutral point. Optimally, they point downwards and never come above flat. Anyone with a 3" drop has their car too low for optimal suspension geometry. You'd need to raise the subframes in order to be that low properly.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
To give an idea of the level of strength, here's a shot of the firewall area. The bottom bar's purpose is to transmit driveline flex directly into the unibody tub. It does this by being butted right up to the tub's main rib, and will be stitch welded to it. Any twist will have no option but to be moved to it. That rail connects to the unibody's main rib along the entire length to the outer rails (from the firewall, to door sills, to back wheels, rear suspension, subframe, etc, it's a major rail). I had to notch the factory frame rib to do so, but the material I've added in is much stronger.

4 hours of cutting/hammering/grinding/lifting/climbing messed up my back for the day, so I'll need to set the harness bar height another time. It SHOULD be right, it has been measured out once before. But, measure twice cut once. This car is being made to fit me, not for a team to swap in and out of. I will however have two harness bar settings, should there be a tall or short passenger. Safety is key. Too short, and they could ride up in the harness and not be secure. Too tall, they could break their shoulders/clavicle in a crash. Harnesses aren't something to screw around with. They can be as dangerous as they can be safe, depending on setup. Roller coasters have height range requirements, and so do racecars.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

41 - 43 of 43 Posts