Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Side pod intakes (both sides) are the latest addition. Yes they're really functional.

If all keeps going well, the 15th should be a track night. This time, I'll have the camera mounted and ready to go right away...
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Basically Stock
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Some updates:
I changed the wheels
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

I blew a CV boot, it looks like road debris bounced up and sliced it. That flung grease all over my bay
Automotive tire Wood Gas Plumbing fixture Auto part

And I've started making stuff for my harness install. This bracket will be what the shoulder straps loop through, and will be welded to the frame rail behind the seats (the rail height was set for doing this, it was planned from the original chassis design phase). Placement is just a random 2x2 frame section for example (interior also has 2x2 frame which it's welding to)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Hood

·
Basically Stock
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Yesterday was a very successful evening at the track. No real faults, just found some stuff that needs improvement next, such as oil cooling. The trailer was 100% not needed, but nice to have. I also did not need any of the tools I brought, which was a nice change.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
149 Posts
Side pod intakes (both sides) are the latest addition. Yes they're really functional.

If all keeps going well, the 15th should be a track night. This time, I'll have the camera mounted and ready to go right away...
View attachment 103657
have you thought about using a NACA duct to reduce drag?

·
Basically Stock
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Yes I had considered them, but the airspeed velocity is only really optimal for one on the roof in the cabin, or on the doors. Neither of which helps, so instead I did side pods that flow straight in taking high pressure lower velocity air that would have been dammed up by the rear arch region and caught alongside the body.

The vents for the rear are coming along. 5/6 are done, I'll make the last one tomorrow. They snap in place, but I'll also glue them.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Basically Stock
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Vent covers are glued on now. Used Right Stuff (same as you'd use for an oil pan)
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light Automotive side-view mirror

And here's a prototype of a bushing I'm working on... Testing is coming up soon. 95a durometer (stiff) but still flexible enough to get onto a sway bar.
Auto part Fashion accessory Cylinder Electronics accessory Plastic

·
Basically Stock
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Alright, some updates since it has been a LONG time.

Frame is coated
Car Vehicle Tire Hood Motor vehicle

Car is lifted for winter, and I had some fun away from tarmac.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Hood Automotive lighting

And running with the rally car theme, I'm making some fun mudflaps! Here's a rough prototype.
Publication Gesture Book Font Art

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

·
Basically Stock
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Amazing how a little paint on the frame makes it look so much more finished/polished.
It's the same wax coating GM uses on truck frames. Rated for 25 years no rust, and self healing. Feels disgusting though. They have touch up cans for use in the factories in case a frame needs reworking after the wax dip process. That's what I used.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts