Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I own 2007 Eclipse 2.4 since December 2020. Everything was working well until the last month.
The battery discharged. I thought it's because it was old so I bought a new one. For two days it was okay.
But the battery died again. I turned the engine on with help of other car and cables so I could go to the shop. I noticed that the A/C blows warm air. When I turned the engine off the A/C was still working and blowing air but it shouldn't. I turned it off manually but when I get back from shop the battery was discharged again.
I took the car to electro-mechanic and he replaced the air conditioning relay. Everything was good for a week. I didn't drive the car over the weekend and the problem came back. It's been more than a month now since the problem started and I didn't found a mechanic who can determine where the problem is... Everything looks fine under the hood. The wires, fuse and compressor are in good condition. Any ideas where can be the problem? :(
sorry for bad English

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
So what I gathered from this is that it sounds like your ignition switch may be busted, or someone has messed up some wiring.

I understood it to sound as though with the key removed, the power acts the same as when the key is turned to "on", and allows things to still run. That will drain the battery for sure.

·
Super Moderator
355 Posts
If you're not 100% sure on what is causing the battery drain, you could setup a switch to completely cut power from the battery to literally everything on the car, but this could cause issues with radio settings and maybe it could cause an issue with the car learning and saving the mapping from your fuel. @Sabertooth^2 would know more about this saving feature, but with zero information on what has been done with wiring if anything has been done, I personally would just install a cut off switch with a safety cover so you're not gonna shut it off by accidentally pressing it while trying to turn on the fog lights.

This would also be a viable option while you attempt to find an official solution. Beats unhooking the battery every time you turn the car off.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Never had the problem on my 4g but i have had a bad Alternation cause problems with the AC before in a Dodge Grand Caravan my dad owned ac randomly went out and the car stalled, we replaced the battery and alternator and the AC worked again. Not sure if any of this is helpful but they are ran on the same belt so id check that too just to double check everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts