Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air was blowing cool but just barely..had it charged with new 134a and it stayed ice cold for 4 days and now it's blowing hot air again?? What should i do next? Check for a leak and put in stop leak? Help please?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Ac leaks are really common on our cars. If you want to try it yourself put in some of the AC leak finder. It's basically a glow in the dark water mixed with the freon. Get a black light and look for a leak after using the AC for a few days. Once you've found your leak then just fix/replace the area where it's leaking. Or you can take it to a ac shop.

Freon is a dangerous chemical it's tasteless, color less and odorless it will of inhaled will cut off air to your lungs. It's not a chemical to mess with. Dumping freon into the atmosphere is also dangerous and illegal. If you want to change it yourself then you run the risk of the above.

Edit: Also don't use those AC pro bottles in a can they suck. Especially the ones with leak stopper they are more likely to clog up the AC compressor and end up costing you more work, time, and money than it's worth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply? Ive only owned the car for 2 weeks BUT I've owned a 1999 eclipse and a 2001 eclipse and a 1998 3000Gt and loved them all! It's gonna get hot here in Georgia soon so this issue has to get fixed! lol Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts