Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an 06 eclipse gt, good price and condition but today I noticed an issue. The abs and tcl light do not light up at all. When I turn the key they don't and if I hold the tcl button it does not light up the tcl off light on the dash. I'm a technician and know they go hand in hand but could not scan the system with my modis today. Maybe a pulled fuse or bulb to hide a problem? Any thoughts or what I should look at?

·
2,137 Posts
you can’t pull the bulb per say, it’s actually an LED soldered to the bird of the cluster, not like the old school bulbs

as far as pulling a fuse, sure, pulling the ABS fuse will turn these lights off and the ABs module power entirely, but you WILL throw CAN BUS communications faults (Uxxxx codes) in a lot of other modules for that

you sure your scan tool was not doing a generic OBD2 scan?

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can’t pull the bulb per say, it’s actually an LED soldered to the bird of the cluster, not like the old school bulbs

as far as pulling a fuse, sure, pulling the ABS fuse will turn these lights off and the ABs module power entirely, but you WILL throw CAN BUS communications faults (Uxxxx codes) in a lot of other modules for that

you sure your scan tool was not doing a generic OBD2 scan?
My problem is also with the oil light, it doesn't light up when i turn the key to the on position, i checked the codes with a generic obd2, and nothing comes, only o2 sensor faults

·
2,137 Posts
My problem is also with the oil light, it doesn't light up when i turn the key to the on position, i checked the codes with a generic obd2, and nothing comes, only o2 sensor faults
I see, that’s very weird because I’m pretty sure the oil light is just wired to the oil pressure sensor through the fuse box to the battery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts