Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so yesterday I was trying to install a double din stereo on my own, and it went terrible. I disconnected my battery and proceeded to begin install. I connected everything together, connected battery, next thing I know, none of the car accessories work! None! This includes headlights, dome lights, gauges, stereo etc. Basically everything, and yes, I checked the fuses with a fuse tester, they all seemed fine, but I replaced them anyway and still nothing! I only checked the fuses inside the engine bay, not the ones under the dash, but the ones for the headlights are in the engine bay and they still don't work. Anyone have any idea on what this could be, I really would appreciate the help. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Robert, What happens if you disconnect the radio harness and any wiring you've added to it? It could be a short circuit between the acc wire on the harness and GND somewhere. Just throwing it out there, hopefully this helps. Do you have the MITO-01, or just a regular harness?

Also, can the car start fully and run/drive now?

I leave my battery unplugged in the winter and start my car up every now and then, so there shouldn't be any security issues preventing accessory power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, so yesterday I was trying to install a double din stereo on my own, and it went terrible. I disconnected my battery and proceeded to begin install. I connected everything together, connected battery, next thing I know, none of the car accessories work! None! This includes headlights, dome lights, gauges, stereo etc. Basically everything, and yes, I checked the fuses with a fuse tester, they all seemed fine, but I replaced them anyway and still nothing! I only checked the fuses inside the engine bay, not the ones under the dash, but the ones for the headlights are in the engine bay and they still don't work. Anyone have any idea on what this could be, I really would appreciate the help. Thanks
Im having a similar issue but everything works except the accessory ports to charge my phone or power interior leds. I've never had this issue until I installed a sub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts