Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adjust my fuel injector size down to get closer to zero on my ltft at cruise which was +5.7 and is now +1.2 after I adjusted.. Now I am trying to increase my Idle ltft from -9.8 to 0. I read in the merlins tuning guide to decrease fuel latency but it is not doing anything. Is there some other way of doing this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Do you have a turbo in there? If not then switching injectors was useless...
Well not useless but unecessary. My 2 cents.

·
1,969 Posts
Do you have a turbo in there? If not then switching injectors was useless...
Well not useless but unecessary. My 2 cents.
Well said, our stock injectors are plenty large enough for regular gasoline on any N/A setup of any kind

Only reason you’d need bigger injectors is forced induction or an ethanol fuel

I even ran full E85 on stock injectors with no issues, was pushing them pretty close to the limits tho but it was possible

And u should not be adjusting injector scaling willy nilly to get your fuel trims to 0, you need to have the injectors cleaned and flow tested before installation, installed with new o rings, and then the tune set up with the correct scaling and latency values for those injectors

I can pull a STi rom up with those injectors to get the stock values you’d need to use in your Eclipse tune

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well said, our stock injectors are plenty large enough for regular gasoline on any N/A setup of any kind

Only reason you’d need bigger injectors is forced induction or an ethanol fuel

I even ran full E85 on stock injectors with no issues, was pushing them pretty close to the limits tho but it was possible

And u should not be adjusting injector scaling willy nilly to get your fuel trims to 0, you need to have the injectors cleaned and flow tested before installation, installed with new o rings, and then the tune set up with the correct scaling and latency values for those injectors

I can pull a STi rom up with those injectors to get the stock values you’d need to use in your Eclipse tune
I have turbo

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What did you use for latency on your table? I have values translated over to the default table scaling.
I been reading the merlin tune guide. I read you adjust your injector size to get you cruise as close to zero for ltft then you adjust your latency to get you idle ltft as close to zero. I haven't been able to go in boost cause I am getting these knock sum when I barely touch the throttle and I can't figure out what it is. I believe I am getting something called tip in. Been 4 months. Something is off with the tune. I also have the dark blue 565. injectors.

·
1,969 Posts
Dark blue 565cc are the 06+ WRX injectors but still the same as the “pink STi ones” from 04 STi+

We’re your injectors cleaned and flow tested before installation? I assume they were used and not brand new Denso injectors? Are they Denso OEM real injectors? Not some knock off right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dark blue 565cc are the 06+ WRX injectors but still the same as the “pink STi ones” from 04 STi+

We’re your injectors cleaned and flow tested before installation? I assume they were used and not brand new Denso injectors? Are they Denso OEM real injectors? Not some knock off right?
They are brand new both pink and dark blue. Couldn't tell you for sure if they are knock offs or not. I been looking at my datalog. I think i have a throttle tip in problem. It look as when I touch the throttle I get a lean spike but the problem is I am not a tuner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah probably

That doesn’t mean they are worthless tho, have them flow tested and see what they’re actually putting out
Maybe
I will do that. But not to be off the subject how do I lower my idle ltft from ‐9.4.

·
1,969 Posts
Yeah probably

That doesn’t mean they are worthless tho, have them flow tested and see what they’re actually putting out
Maybe
I will do that. But not to be off the subject how do I lower my idle ltft from ‐9.4.

Negative means it’s pulling fuel because your engine is running too rich from what your O2 sensor is telling the ECU compared to what the ECU wants it to be from the tune tables

Also, when were your pre cat front O2 sensors changed last? With Denso?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Negative means it’s pulling fuel because your engine is running too rich from what your O2 sensor is telling the ECU compared to what the ECU wants it to be from the tune tables

Also, when were your pre cat front O2 sensors changed last? With Denso?
Just bought them this month. I have two installed. Didn't know at the time that I only need one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts