Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been searching around for a bit and still can not come to the conclusion. I have a 2006 gs auto, with a few basic mods and a lot of love poured into her. I have a DC intake, slotted rotors, lightened wheels, tb bypass, basic stuff. I have just finished doing all the maintenance I wanted to do before I go more in depth into modding. Also disclaimer: I am a broke college kid who has to save up for at least a month before each mod (lol). Bottom line is I have plans for this car, but I do not want to continue without some sort of tune to get the most out of my hard earned cash spent on bolt-ons. The Fastworks tune sounds great, but I am not completely sure of the whole process, and am skeptical of sending a someone $500 for a service over the internet. The AEM F/IC also sounds great, but I do not know how to install it, nor do I have the knowledge needed to tune myself without risking destroying my engine through detonation. Anyone have an opinion on what I should do?

·
1,970 Posts
I’m looking at a fastworks tune myself and just purchased a Tactrix cable and am now waiting for that to show up before I sent Hackish the money to add my VIN to his server, he said for a non turbo or non nitrous it’s gonna be $349.99 but I was hoping he’d do the yearly sale here soon

·
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado
435 Posts
AEM/FIC....Having somebody online tune is shit....also when he can't fix what he broke/ruined----(3 members car's have been bricked because of it, No I have never used it and never will use this option).....let the SALT flow LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It is most unfortunate that DeAtHsWhIpLaSh feels the way he does. It is well known that the FIC does not work well for boost on the Eclipse. I've written many articles giving the technical reasons for this.

It is also unfortunate that someone would also be mis-informed about the bricking of ECUs. The design of the Eclipse ECU and method of writing with a tactrix openport 2.0 cable makes it impossible to brick. Furthermore, the Fastworks software always starts an installation by reading and storing a full backup image of the ECU on the license server

-Michael

·
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado
435 Posts
Everybody has a opinion 100%...But stop selling and start fixing other peoples car's before you shoot any zingers towards a real company like AEM.....Thats why I started helping all of the people who have had issue's with fastworks, due to bad tunes and excuse after excuse from you buddy........

·
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado
435 Posts
100% Correct.....My only issue is for all those car's held captive (Bad tune's)...Sorry for hurting any feelings gents lol.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Everybody has a opinion 100%...But stop selling and start fixing other peoples car's before you shoot any zingers towards a real company like AEM.....Thats why I started helping all of the people who have had issue's with fastworks, due to bad tunes and excuse after excuse from you buddy........
It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, but it's not fine to just make stuff up. 3 bricked ECUs on an ECU that you can't brick using a piece of software that has a recovery mode for re-writing the ECU.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I've dealt with Michael personally and he's an outstanding tuner and all around good dude. His results speak for themselves and you don't have to look very far on this forum to find the proof. Wouldn't hesitate to have him work on my car and neither should anyone else

·
Registered
88 Posts
+999 x infinity to Mike aka Hackish
Trust me when I say I know he’s one of the top Mitsubishi tuners I know of. My good friend has dealt with Mike for a very long time and I have seen his work evolve. Experience trumps all. You can have all the high tech gadgets and marketing but nothing will ever overpower the importance of experience, trust and dedication.
Go Hackish Go!!!
#Mitsu4Life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts