Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thats the Idea but on percent my car did not run properly. So I'm hoping the pass through map will work better.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thats the Idea but on percent my car did not run properly. So I'm hoping the pass through map will work better.
heres another check... set to voltage mode and put in that passthru map, turn the key to the ON position but dont start the car and look at where the MAF voltage goes to. it should be right around 1.5-1.6 volts with the car off but the key on and similar at idle... if its off from this you have a problem somewhere

also if its a used FIC you need to be sure it has the z104.hex firmware loaded and not z110 or something. wrong firmware causes incorrect injector operation or something like that... i know z104 is what i have.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The other issue I may have had is my settings on my input side. It wasnt set at MAF or Analog A for the inputs. So I think thats all it should be. They where set incorrectly I think.

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
i just do it that way because its easier for me to see what the MAF is doing when im logging the car... you can see the little green box move around as you change revs and load. and you can tweak the MAF setting at idle to get a smoother idle in some cases
do u kno if u can possibly increase idle rpm's by messing with the MAF voltage ?? i tried just about everything to get my idle up 100 - 150 rpm's higher but nothing has really worked

·
Registered
379 Posts
do u kno if u can possibly increase idle rpm's by messing with the MAF voltage ?? i tried just about everything to get my idle up 100 - 150 rpm's higher but nothing has really worked
give it a try it may work... personally mine is stuck at like 400-500 and sometimes stalls if its in a bad mood... these cars just idle low its annoying

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
^ same . . although it has never stalled but the car is barely breathing

·
Registered
379 Posts
^ yeah mine was like that with full bolt on, but turbo plus bigger injectors = much less happy idle than before lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not only do they idol low. With the issues ive had the idol at one point was high. Because of my MAF and I threw a high idol code. I was maybe at 850rpm. So dont raise the RPM to much.

But The MAF problems increased my idol so it should be possible with the MAF to raise it.

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
so that pass through map is the same for the GS and GT ?? do we have the same MAF sensors and do they send the same voltage numbers throughout the load variable

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
HTML:
so that pass through map is the same for the GS and GT ?? do we have the same MAF sensors and do they send the same voltage numbers throughout the load variable
The pass through should be the same for both. The voltage range is the same. But the output will probably be different. I dont know if there the same sensors or not.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok so I couldnt wait untill thursday. Before leaving to my buddy's house. I re intercepted the MAP and MAF and inputed the pass through map and setup changes.

The car ran better and only stalled on me once in the 20km round trip. But still not running right, hesitating, and throwing bank 1 and 2 too rich codes and a MAP code. so I know the MAP and MAF are still not right.

I'm at the point now I will probably just disconnect and want untill spring when all my other mods are done so the tuner can do it. The tuner I'm going to has experiece with the 4G. With the same setup as mine he made 299.98 to the wheels intercepting the map and maf.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Ok so I couldnt wait untill thursday. Before leaving to my buddy's house. I re intercepted the MAP and MAF and inputed the pass through map and setup changes.

The car ran better and only stalled on me once in the 20km round trip. But still not running right, hesitating, and throwing bank 1 and 2 too rich codes and a MAP code. so I know the MAP and MAF are still not right.

I'm at the point now I will probably just disconnect and want untill spring when all my other mods are done so the tuner can do it. The tuner I'm going to has experiece with the 4G. With the same setup as mine he made 299.98 to the wheels intercepting the map and maf.
You hooked up the MAP sensor to analog A correct? What did you use for settings in the setup page for analog A? ANd what did you put in the Analog A map?

Better yet...just send me your map file to: [email protected]

And post exactly what you have hooked up and where it's hooked up to...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Brian to the rescue!

Ive sent you the file

Everything is connected as in your wireing diagram. MAF (white wire) to pin 108 and MAP (Analog A, brown wire) to pin 102. Under the hood I only have 2 wires not connected. The Analog B in and out.

Thankyou

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I didn't see anything "wrong" with the map...but a few things to do...

Put the O2 lines back to stock, those shouldn't be hooked up.

Put the MAP line back to stock as well, and run it and see if you have any issues like this...

·
Theta II
8,583 Posts
I wish it was that simple. It should be a pass thru map. It's all 0's but its in percent mode. Ive watched the MAF in volt and MAF out voltage. They are the same. And on my OBD II reader I can watch the air flow and it seem's ok and the same as it was before the FIC. More throttle and I get more air on my reader. And Ive yet to get a MAF code.

Thankyou for your help though. any other idea's?

I'm at the point now where I just might disconnect the harness one by one and see If I can get it running right.
That is what I am telling you all 0's for the MAF is wrong= no worky

i never did anything on the MAF map (mine is set on percent) . . . the car runs perfect. is there really a reason for setting it to voltage and using the pass through map ??
No it runs wrong

^ yes for timing. i was just saying the pass through is not necessary for the FIC to operate properly. like mrgibs said u could have the MAF set to percent and there will b no need for a pass thru.
If you drive a honda which uses a MAS that would be great, however your car uses a MAF which operates with a 1-5 volt sensor. So if you want to be able to do anything with the FI/C than you need to change it

·
Theta II
8,583 Posts
give it a try it may work... personally mine is stuck at like 400-500 and sometimes stalls if its in a bad mood... these cars just idle low its annoying
500-700 is normal

yes

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
runs wrong . . . all i kno is that when i had my maf map set to percent and all 0's the car was running fine and i just adjusted fuel independently. never had an issue. now i do use the pass thru but only so i could slightly advance timing

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thankyou again for you help.

I put the O2's and MAP back to stock and still had the problems.

Put the MAF back to stock and it was fine.

When looking at the MAF my reader was saying at idol about 600-700 rpm and MAF connected was about 1.7 Litres per min. And when I put it back to stock at the same rpm it read .6 litres per min. Sorry my OBD II reader doesnt give me a voltage reading. So the ECU is seeing a diference for some reason.

On a side note. When the MAF was not connected I was getting about .8 volts reading on the FIC gauges. I'm guessing this is just a feed back from the circutry required to interface the MAF to the FIC.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong with the MAF line there...

Leave the O2's stock, leave the MAP stock (for now), and hookup the MAF again...plug the laptop into the fic and open the gauges screen. Turn the key to "ON" but don't start the car. Write down the IN and OUT voltages for the MAF line from the gauges screen. Then start the car and wait for the fast idle to subside to normal idle...now record the IN and OUT MAF voltages again from the gauges screen...then post them up...

Brian

21 - 40 of 54 Posts