Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

AFR with tune

699 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Fez24 
#1 ·
I’m interested in getting a tune sometime this year and I’m wondering if you can use a wideband o2 sensor and if you can create different fuel maps for different gears. Also what kinda mileage gains are you guys getting city/highway? Btw it’s a manual transmission.

#3 ·
Yes you can data log with a wideband.

No you can't do different maps per gear.

MPG gains depend on GS or GT, and mods.
Thanks I was wanting to experiment with a lean burn in 5th gear and btw it’s a gs with 213k miles and no performance mods. I’ve never been dissatisfied with the lack of power but 20 mpg with 90 highway 10 city is killing me….
I even was driving 50-55

#4 ·
Do you have clogged cats? Damaged valves? That's very very very very low. Very iconic of a car that has cats which become glowing red hot after a hard pull at night. And if they're stock at 213k... There's very little chance they aren't your issue.

And you can do a lean burn set by load and RPM. It's not something I've done for people ever or played with, no idea what the EGT are like.

#9 ·
Well, fixing them you'll save a ton of money on gas. And your exhaust valves won't be at risk of melting. Carbon buildup will be a lot lower. Overall lower engine wear when it can breath, as it takes a lot less heat and pressure to make the power needed for driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.