Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in this 2din by Sony (Sony XAV-AX150 Double DIN 6.95" Touchscreen Digital Media Receiver) but it doesn’t play through my door speakers or my subs I used a metra harness that came with two of them (yes said it was for the car) yet only one seemed to fit. I’m 100% sure I connected the correct wires together, note I do notice the stereo has RCA female ports so am I able to crimp RCA wires to the factory amp with harness adapters? Not really wanting to cut my factory wires to have it work.

·
Registered
2006 3.8 Liter GT IV gen
7 Posts
I think there is a specific wiring harness for the eclipse. I bought it for mine when I still had it but never installed it because it needed quite a lot of wiring work, not including just plugging them in but also the rest as there was only cable, no connections..

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,416 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed that after it shipped and still no sound coming from my door speakers or sub
I couldn’t figure out where to put my blue and white cord to so I put it on one of my harnesses maybe that’s what I did wrong or maybe something else it did that was dumb

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,416 Posts
I just installed that after it shipped and still no sound coming from my door speakers or sub
I couldn’t figure out where to put my blue and white cord to so I put it on one of my harnesses maybe that’s what I did wrong or maybe something else it did that was dumb
There should be a wiring diagram for it on here somewhere. Likely the trigger wire for the amp isn't being given power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts