Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the stock rims are lug centric or hub centric need to know so I can get the hub centric spacers or not when I get aftermarket. The center bore for mine is 67.1mm and I believe the ones I'm looking at are about 70.5mm or 72.5mm. Any help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so they would be 70.3mm center bore and your saying don't use the spacers because of that but if they are lug centric it shouldn't matter right sense the lugs are the ones centering it when torqued but if it's hub centric don't get the spacers just getting actual fitting rims

·
1,975 Posts
I would say lug centric, just get a 17 or 18 inch rim with close to the 45mm offset with 114.3mm x 5 bolt pattern and about 7.5 inch width

·
1,975 Posts
If you tighten the lugs properly you won't have to worry about it anyway, the rings are just to help center the rim when you put it on and is only for the cheapest rims that aren't designed correctly anyway
If you get the correct non cheapest wheels, they should sit on the hub anyway

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are 5x114.3 and 18x10 in the rear and 18x8 or 9 in the front they are off of a 2005 mustang gt and currently don't have the money to buy new aftermarket ones and kinda digging these wheels just wanna make sure im not gonna mess up my car because the center bore is a bit bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
We bought Focal wheels off TireRack.com and they came with hubcentric rings.

·
Registered
08 SE. stock. Only rims
18 Posts
They are 5x114.3 and 18x10 in the rear and 18x8 or 9 in the front they are off of a 2005 mustang gt and currently don't have the money to buy new aftermarket ones and kinda digging these wheels just wanna make sure im not gonna mess up my car because the center bore is a bit bigger.
I have the 19x9 mustang rims on mine small spacer I milled down a little bit.
No problem as of right now

·
1,975 Posts
Don't need hub centric rings if you tighten in the correct lug pattern, and tighten evenly to proper torque with a torque wrench, in variables working your way up to full torque, preferrably with the beginning stages off of the ground so the weight is off the car

·
Basically Stock
5,688 Posts
Don't need hub centric rings if you tighten in the correct lug pattern, and tighten evenly to proper torque with a torque wrench, in variables working your way up to full torque, preferrably with the beginning stages off of the ground so the weight is off the car
That depends on the lug nuts you use too though. Flat ones won't work that way, they need to have a taper.

Eg, these style won't work that way

·
1,975 Posts
That depends on the lug nuts you use too though. Flat ones won't work that way, they need to have a taper.

View attachment 101754
Yeah I forgot to mention that I use 60 degree conical seal lug nuts on those rims that are on my WRX, as the wheels are made for conical seal lugs, stock Subaru and most Ford car rims use 60 degree conical lugs stock even
Our stock Eclipse wheels are mag seat like your pic because the stock wheels are hub centric, as the wheels are the exact size for the hubs, as the wheel was made for the car

·
Registered
08 SE. stock. Only rims
18 Posts

View attachment 101754
I had to get all new ones....
But our cars lug nuts are 12x1.50.
the mustang is 14x1.50.
Don’t know if that’s all year models or just what mine came off of.
I may be wrong lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts