Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2009 Eclipse GS, the OEM seats were in pretty bad shape so I decided I would replace them with aftermarket seats. I purchased corbeau’s and they just came in, I love them. So here’s the problem, the occupancy sensors from the OEM seats. I put resistors in for the seat airbag so I should have them taken care of. But what should I do about the occupancy sensors for the other airbags?
I’m kinda at a stand still now and I don’t know what to do. Any help would be great, thanks in advance!!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,402 Posts
If you added a resistor and it is ignoring the occupancy sensor, that should be it. It's one sensor to determine if someone is there or not to arm that side.

The way you're wording it makes it seem more like you added a resistor to the circuit that checks if an airbag is present after removing one (like the ones in the seats)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you added a resistor and it is ignoring the occupancy sensor, that should be it. It's one sensor to determine if someone is there or not to arm that side.

The way you're wording it makes it seem more like you added a resistor to the circuit that checks if an airbag is present after removing one (like the ones in the seats)
You’re right I should have been more clear with the post. I put in a resistor on the yellow wiring that would be going to the seat airbags since the new seats do not have them. The OEM seats had three plugs that came out of the floor and connected to the seats. One for the seat belt, one for the seat airbag, and one (passenger side) that goes to a black box that feeds two sensors that are attached to the bottom of the seat. That black box and sensors are what I believe to be the occupancy (weight) sensors to activate the passenger airbag that is in the dash and tell the car that someone is sitting there… is that correct or am I way off track with this?

·
2,868 Posts
You’re right I should have been more clear with the post. I put in a resistor on the yellow wiring that would be going to the seat airbags since the new seats do not have them. The OEM seats had three plugs that came out of the floor and connected to the seats. One for the seat belt, one for the seat airbag, and one (passenger side) that goes to a black box that feeds two sensors that are attached to the bottom of the seat. That black box and sensors are what I believe to be the occupancy (weight) sensors to activate the passenger airbag that is in the dash and tell the car that someone is sitting there… is that correct or am I way off track with this?
You’re correct

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You’re correct
Is there anyway to over ride the wiring going to the occupancy sensors so the car thinks someone is always sitting in the passenger seat? I have no way of moving the sensors to the new seat so basically the car keeps the passenger air bag off right now because the weight sensors aren’t connected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just because I know someone will be looking at this post years from now and wondering, could you please mention the resistance value required to simulate the airbag as you did?

This forum is basically a library with extra shitposts

(Hello future person)
I used 3.3 ohm resistors however, I haven’t been able to reset the code yet to verify that they are working. It looks like I’ll need to take it to Mitsubishi in order to have the code reset.

·
2,868 Posts
Autel DiagLink DIY can do it for like $120

So you have the occupancy computer plugged in just chilling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Autel DiagLink DIY can do it for like $120

So you have the occupancy computer plugged in just chilling?
The Autel will work for that? any specific model? I’ve tried two other brands but was unsuccessful and had to return them. If that will work I’ll definitely buy one.

It’s not plugged in, I don’t have a way to connect the sensors to the new seats or remove them from the old seats. So the plug coming out of the floor isn’t plugged into anything.

·
2,868 Posts
The Autel will work for that? any specific model? I’ve tried two other brands but was unsuccessful and had to return them. If that will work I’ll definitely buy one.

It’s not plugged in, I don’t have a way to connect the sensors to the new seats or remove them from the old seats. So the plug coming out of the floor isn’t plugged into anything.
DiagLink DIY or MD808 All system is best, and can do it

Well you’ll at least need the computer box plugged into the harness and tucked away under the seat still, you’ll be tricking the actual weight sensors on the factory rail that plug into the computer weight box

1 - 13 of 13 Posts