Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a katana aftermarket shift knob for my automatic 2007 gs, but I’m having trouble installing it, any advice or help on how to install it ?

·
2,690 Posts
I think there's a set screw on the back for an automatic

You also need to make sure your new knob is spring loaded for an automatic to push down on the stick in order to activate the lockouts

Personally wasn't worth putting a shift knob on an automatic for me, too much to worry about; way easier with a manual where you just twist them on and off as long as the threads are right (and f those set screw ones)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there's a set screw on the back for an automatic

You also need to make sure your new knob is spring loaded for an automatic to push down on the stick in order to activate the lockouts

Personally wasn't worth putting a shift knob on an automatic for me, too much to worry about; way easier with a manual where you just twist them on and off as long as the threads are right (and f those set screw ones)

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
148 Posts
I recently bought a katana aftermarket shift knob for my automatic 2007 gs, but I’m having trouble installing it, any advice or help on how to install it ?
I wouldn't change the shifter on an auto personally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts