Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a market for aftermarket subframes I can look into. I’ve been looking but having a very hard time doing so

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah no wonder I’m having a hard time finding anything, I’m looking to put some work into my 06 gt and I can’t find a lot of parts I want to find on aftermarket platform

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never seen one made for the 4G, no. It's very rare someone has a use for one as well in the 4G community, so I have a hard time seeing it as a profitable enterprise
What direction did you go with your 07 gt build?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
It's in the process of a mid engine rear drive conversion with a tube frame, fuel cell, bucket seats, gutted interior, poly bushings, 390lph fuel pump, return style fuel rails, limited slip dif, FX400 clutch, 1 piece steel flywheel, etc etc etc. There's a lot.

My GT doesn't have much to do with a stock 4G anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's in the process of a mid engine rear drive conversion with a tube frame, fuel cell, bucket seats, gutted interior, poly bushings, 390lph fuel pump, return style fuel rails, limited slip dif, FX400 clutch, 1 piece steel flywheel, etc etc etc. There's a lot.

How are you doing the rear wheel drive conversion?

·
resident crossplatformer
1,394 Posts

I badly want to build a tube frame car based on the 3g eclipse/8g galant platform with a Galant/Eclipse front end on both axles and the 8g Galant sheet metal front end+front doors with the rest of it. Maybe after my post 6g74.5 engine swap and my cruise build, probably 2026 or later with a second version of what I'm planning post 6g74.5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I badly want to build a tube frame car based on the 3g eclipse/8g galant platform with a Galant/Eclipse front end on both axles and the 8g Galant sheet metal front end+front doors with the rest of it. Maybe after my post 6g74.5 engine swap and my cruise build, probably 2026 or later with a second version of what I'm planning post 6g74.5
Daym that sounds sick, I’m still on the vision board on my 06 have a few ideas but still a lot of variables in the air

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's still a 4G eclipse GT driveline. 3.8L V6, 6m trans. Just everything in the front from a parts car is moved to the back. Then what was in the back, is gone.

There's a build thread in my signature.
Iight bet I’ll look into it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts