Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with their amp not putting out any power? I faded everything to the rear and disconnected the rear speakers. I had the volume all the way up, tried both coils and it's barely audible. I never noticed it until I started messing around with speaker/subwoofer ideas. Same with the front speakers. I'm only running the front doors and tweeters at the moment, they sound ok and decent mid bass but don't get very loud. I just pulled my subwoofer and soldered new lead wires to both coils and did away with the harness. I'm working on an idea to use the stock RF head unit and stock sub with an aftermarket amp until I can get new gear. I'm curious what it sounds like with some actual power going to it. Wish I had a DD-1 right about now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it figured out. I'm running a U.S. Amps XA-400.2, that's all I have to use for now. It's definitely a lot louder.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Being completely honest. Used to sell stereos. Buy an aftermarket radio with aux outs. you have to splice into existing radio harness to add aftermarket amp to stock head unit. the sound quality will not be that great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was supposed to be temporary until I could afford new audio gear but I guess we're getting rid of the car. So it will all be going back to stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts