Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4G Noob
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of my car is still stock, I work basically a minimum wage job and go to school, so she's a work in progress. Got her at 71000miles I'm coming up on 91000 in about a year. I've done aux cord install, dipped the wheels, painted part of the interior brush metal color (work in progress), throttle body bypass, timing belt change (that was a bitch and a half, I broke the serpentine tensioner in half using a chisel because the nut was rounded off...), did my own led lights in footwells with color changing leds and so far I think that's it..for the leds i bought a six meter roll off ebay with a 44 button remote. Cut, solder, drill for ground, zip tied (because any form of adhesive doesnt last worth a shit if you live in florida, especially own a black car here)

Next projects in the following months:
DC sports CAI
Window Tint
Eyelids
fix the stupid dash that keeps popping up!!!! (velcro and super weatherstrip adhesive havent held up in the florida sun yet..)
replace radio since my rockford gives the err 3.
fix my squeaky blower motor, i think a bug got caught in there because it sounds like a fax machine printing whenever it spins.....

and i suppose thats really it, i have a gs so im not ganna bother putting any horses down on her, basically just make her a nice car to show off.

recommendations and suggestions are welcome, will post vid of leds as soon as my phone quits screwing around.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
If your interested I got my stock rf head unit I can sell you I'm over in pinellas so no shipping necessary! Everything works fine on it. Car looks great I think tint will help a lot especially in Florida. Do you have a lower grill on it yet? If not I would put one on asap as Florida heat is not forgiving and if you pop a hole in the condensor it's expensive

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
4,111 Posts
I agree with the lower grill, I took a country drive yesterday and took 6 bird strikes, and that's a first for me, I mean one, maybe two every year, but 6 in one day!!! I also have to clean about a pound of grasshoppers off my lower grill today, LOL!!

AC Condenser $500 vs. lower grill $45 to $150. If this was a occasional problem, I would be a liar... I know of at least 50 members on this site that wished they would have bought one.

And great looking car!!

Welcome to Club4G.org!!

·
4G Noob
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been on 4g for a year I'm not new haha thank you for the kind welcome anyway Clovis. Anyone got recommendations on where to snag a lower grille at? I want one cuz it looks too open.

·
4,111 Posts
I agree with the lower grill, I took a country drive yesterday and took 6 bird strikes, and that's a first for me, I mean one, maybe two every year, but 6 in one day!!! I also have to clean about a pound of grasshoppers off my lower grill today, LOL!!

AC Condenser $500 vs. lower grill $45 to $150. If this was a occasional problem, I would be a liar... I know of at least 50 members on this site that wished they would have bought one.
Guess what Ethan, I'm in for a new grill also!! After cleaning off 2Lbs of critters off my lower grill, the grill is pushed in and is FN trashed, so I know I hit several birds. This is crazy :runaway:!! SOOOOO!!

2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse Grill Inserts Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore

I'm going to have to do some more hunting.

·
Registered
326 Posts
First i want to say nice ride so far!

second...
This may be a stupid question.. I know i have seen grills of different types and sizes at lowes or home depot or something. Its bendable and looks just like it.. You cut it to size and its like a topping of 40 at most. Its paintable to whatever color you want.
Would that not work just as well?

·
4G Noob
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First i want to say nice ride so far!

second...
This may be a stupid question.. I know i have seen grills of different types and sizes at lowes or home depot or something. Its bendable and looks just like it.. You cut it to size and its like a topping of 40 at most. Its paintable to whatever color you want.
Would that not work just as well?
im liking this idea. Im all for DIY projects if it can be done clean! i might look into this...has anybody tried this? although i love ACI, im not paying $100+ for a grille insert, thats ridiculous. You guys think i should go black on black since my wheels are already painted, or give my car an offset color?

·
4G Noob
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ACI has mini grill mesh inserts that come in 12"x48" rolls for $28. How much do you guys think itd cost to get this cut to fit our lower grill?

I'd link it but i dont know the forums rules on that kinda stuff.

·
4G Noob
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Operation tint complete! Went for darkest legal in FL. 35 on windows, 20 on hatch, 15 on triangles, and 15 on as1 windshield strip. even went 15% on sunroof because fuck it why not lol.

got 3m carbon material. Ive got bluetooth for audio, rf for leds, and a key fob so metallic was out of the question, and ceramic was way too pricey.

Used uv dye, and a freon charge to get cold air in my car, no leaks spotted musta just needed a charge after 8 years.

Cleaned my blower motor so it doesnt make noise anymore (omg i need a cabin filter that thing was filthy and took an hour to clean it and it wasnt close to perfect)

onto my next 3 projects. should have more to show in a few weeks, all interior and exterior show mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts