Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a few, namely Injen, and AEM. Do any of you have preferences, advice, or suggestions on the topic of getting a CAI for my 2007 GT?
Thanks all!

·
Authorized Kool Kid
2006, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
29 Posts
There are some standards if you poke around with the search bar

From What I've gathered Injen is pretty good. But they all do relatively the same.

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
124 Posts
From my experience, all CAI's do the same thing. I had a $60 ebay one that worked just fine. The only difference is the name that's on the box, and to a small scale the quality of the part. The more expensive ones are built a little better, but personally don't see the point in spending more than $100 or so on an intake.

·
Authorized Kool Kid
2006, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
29 Posts
The cheapest that isn't Weapon R. Injen has a flexible hose and lets you run it as a short Ram intake, but if you're gonna do that, stay stock for more power anyway
Not to hijack a post, but I bought my 4G GT with an AEM SRI. From what I've gathered the V6 runs too hot for the SRI, ending up with a loss of power (Correct me if Im wrong please haha)
Would there be any way to convert it to an CAi?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my experience, all CAI's do the same thing. I had a $60 ebay one that worked just find. The only difference is the name that's on the box, and to a small scale the quality of the part. The more expensive ones are built a little better, but personally don't see the point in spending more than $100 or so on an intake.
Where are you looking? All first hand intakes I find are over 3 or 400$

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
Not to hijack a post, but I bought my 4G GT with an AEM SRI. From what I've gathered the V6 runs too hot for the SRI, ending up with a loss of power (Correct me if Im wrong please haha)
Would there be any way to convert it to an CAi?
A section of pipe and a couple silicone couplers, and you can make it whatever you'd like.

But yes. The engine bay doesn't have enough venting, so you just suck in significantly hotter air than stock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My car came with a K&N typhoon intake. It replaces part of the OEM air box, but keeps it sealed (with a provided rubber and plastic piece) and uses the routing of the OEM one to keep cool air flowing in.

Sounds cool. i would think it can’t be worse than the OEM deal, no draw back of water getting at it, under normal conditions. Not sure what they cost though. But like Sabertooth said, you can replicate it pretty easily with some couplers, some piping and a filter...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts