Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I love To Drift
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I watched the World Rally Championship for the first time. Well the 2006 season any ways as I got it cheap on dvd. I gottta say I loved what I got to see. Sadly my dvd was rather short. But it seemed like one of the more interesting racing series to watch.
I was suprised how much I enjoyed it as I've never been able to get into watching much other motor sports. I watched a little formula D in its early days. But thats about it. Stuff like nascar never really interested me much.
But WRC seem's to have something special.
I'm hoping to see more of it thats for sure!

But it got me curious on everyone's thoughts on it and what are some of the better seasons of it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I cried in my beer when the Speed Channel went off the air and the WRC was no longer found on cable. The WRC and Dakar Rally was the only thing that kept me sane a few years back while recovering from back surgery. When the Ford Focus ST came out last year I came so close to buying one because I wanted to relive my much younger days of TSD (Time Speed Distance) rallying and auto-crossing. I started TSD rallying in high school (1968) with my Mother's Fiat 600D. Many fond memories tossing that underpowered Italian around the back roads of Western New York with my best buddy.
If you haven't seen Sebastian Loeb's Pikes Peak record run this year, take a look.
Sébastien Loeb's Record Setting Pikes Peak Run - Full POV - YouTube

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I remember when I was about 15 or so, (13 years ago) I saw WRC race in the Australian outback on the outdoor life network, super late at night. my family, namely my dad (who taught me the basics about cars and engines) was big on NASCAR, so it was something I had never seen before, and that's when I fell in love with the Evolution VII...sadly, never built for north American roads...still my dream car to this day. I never saw any other Mitsubishi vehicle other than 1g and 2g eagle talons up until then, and I was in love at first sight. Mitsubishi didn't even sell cars in Canada until 2002, and didn't sell Evo's here until the X came out. I've owned a 2003 lancer, and I still have my 06 ralliart (which was the best you could buy in Canada at the time), but they will never compare to a true Evo...even USDM Evo VIII, and IX don't compare to the original JDM versions. But the 7...what a car.

When I finally get an Evo, i'll ditch my homemade turbo kit, and my lancer will become a rally car...2wd is a little less competitive, plus the 2.4L would be an advantage in the production class, which doesn't require the car to be caged, but limits allowable modifications...a good place for novice teams and drivers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts