Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has disabled their ABS. Apparently I'm having a stuck valve so I took it off and now the brakes are actually working great again LOL. Will have to drive like this temporarily. Curious if anyone has actually drive without it. Luckily I don't have ice or snow where I'm from.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My car wouldn’t even turn on without it being at least plugged into the harness.’I haven’t tried blocking off the lines and just leaving it dangling.Im sure it would throw a lot of codes But yeah my car would turn over and not start unless it’s in. For a while, I had the GT abs attracted to the lines and the GS abs plugged into the harness taped against the wall so I can drive it. The harness is different from the GS and GT so the swap was a pain in the ass

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car wouldn’t even turn on without it being at least plugged into the harness.’I haven’t tried blocking off the lines and just leaving it dangling.Im sure it would throw a lot of codes But yeah my car would turn over and not start unless it’s in. For a while, I had the GT abs attracted to the lines and the GS abs plugged into the harness taped against the wall so I can drive it. The harness is different from the GS and GT so the swap was a pain in the ass
Unplugging it from the harness won’t make the car turn on, but I removed the fuse that runs the ABS system. I opened up the cluster and blocked off the lights for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts