Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a code C1505, saying that the rear left valve is not to factory spec? When I press on brakes it feels spongy, and it doesn't happen all the time. Has anyone had this problem? Will replacing ABS module help or is this something entirely different?

·
Basically Stock
5,677 Posts
Have you been in for the recall yet? There was a problem with the ABS units, and it would cause the pedal to fall to the floor in hard braking when it failed.

The recall is to either flush the lines if it's a good unit, and replace with fresh DOT4, or to replace the unit if faulty

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you been in for the recall yet? There was a problem with the ABS units, and it would cause the pedal to fall to the floor in hard braking when it failed.

The recall is to either flush the lines if it's a good unit, and replace with fresh DOT4, or to replace the unit if faulty
Yeah I checked and I didn't have a recall for my car. Unfortunately I might have found the problem, and it could be the master cylinder. It seems like it's leaking, so I'm going to have to replace it.

·
1,970 Posts
I’m not seeing a C1505 in the FSM

When the recall was completed on your car, did they just flush the fluid or did they replace the ABS pump then too?

·
1,970 Posts
I’m not seeing a C1505 in the FSM

When the recall was completed on your car, did they just flush the fluid or did they replace the ABS pump then too?
https://www.engine-codes.com/c1505.html

It's popping up as a code on my Blue Driver. There was no recall for my car unfortunately. I called them today and made sure.
Ok and that code is coming from the ABS module? Do you have traction control? And I’m talking about when your recall was performed before

·
Registered
402 Posts
06-07s with recalls forsure not sure about later ones and that does suck it’s not though they replaced my pads aswell for free

·
1,970 Posts
Got it done by Mitsubishi Columbus North for my 06 GS auto where the pedal had to be double pumped to stop, they flushed it first then said they had to keep the car a day to replace the pump and flush it again and said to only use DOT4 brake fluid from now on

Then replacing the ABS module/pump was the real important kicker, not just flushing the system and marking the recall complete

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok and that code is coming from the ABS module? Do you have traction control? And I’m talking about when your recall was performed before
Traction control light is off, and I don't think a recall was performed on the car at all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it done by Mitsubishi Columbus North for my 06 GS auto where the pedal had to be double pumped to stop, they flushed it first then said they had to keep the car a day to replace the pump and flush it again and said to only use DOT4 brake fluid from now on

Then replacing the ABS module/pump was the real important kicker, not just flushing the system and marking the recall complete
That sucks because they're really expensive, and the dealer is asking $200 for just the diagnostics. I don't want to buy used because it's hard to tell if a used one is also not as bad.

·
1,970 Posts

That sucks because they're really expensive, and the dealer is asking $200 for just the diagnostics. I don't want to buy used because it's hard to tell if a used one is also not as bad.
The dealer told me I was lucky all that was done under recall as it would have been north of $1,200 if I had to pay for it

·
1,970 Posts
The dealer told me I was lucky all that was done under recall as it would have been north of $1,200 if I had to pay for it
I'm guessing because of new ABS module. Is there a way to bleed the ABS manually?
Yeah because they flushed the whole system, replaced the module, flushed the whole system again, and bled the ABS pump with their scan tool computer

·
Registered
131 Posts
My 2008 seized up on the highway , took it to a shop and they told me there was a recall but because the car came from California I had to take it there to have it done . I live in Canada so that's not an option . Emailed my local mitsu dealer a dozen times with no response , emailed head office and literally within 5 minutes they replied , had the part ordered and had me booked in 🙂

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My 2008 seized up on the highway , took it to a shop and they told me there was a recall but because the car came from California I had to take it there to have it done . I live in Canada so that's not an option . Emailed my local mitsu dealer a dozen times with no response , emailed head office and literally within 5 minutes they replied , had the part ordered and had me booked in 🙂
How much did you pay? Or was it free because of the recall? Ugh, I'm going to have to pay cause I'm not on the recall list. I might just sell the Eclipse and get another car honestly. Too many problems at this point.

·
Registered
131 Posts
How much did you pay? Or was it free because of the recall? Ugh, I'm going to have to pay cause I'm not on the recall list. I might just sell the Eclipse and get another car honestly. Too many problems at this point.
Luckily mine was on the recall and previous owner hadn't done it . If not for the recall I would have sold mine too . All 3 of cats are plugged , same deal over here it's been endless problems , money , headaches . . . I'm on the list for headers , if that doesn't fix my problem I'll be selling mine 😞

1 - 20 of 34 Posts