Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mits Man
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up Eclipse homies? I bought my 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-Sport this past winter. Now that the midwest is finally starting to warm up, I'm going to spend the next couple months modding the hell out of it.

So far, I've put new Perelli tires & black rims on it, plasti-dipped all of the badges + gas cap (gloss black), and fully serviced it (premium spark plugs/wires, new timing belt, etc.)

I've spent a while digging through this forum for mod ideas and parts, but a lot of the niche Eclipse mod parts are hard to find or no longer manufactured. If anyone on this forum has used mods (or custom ones) that they want to sell, let me know! Any body mods need to be gloss black or sunset pearl.

·
Registered
119 Posts
An awesome mod that changes a lot for very little is the Energy Suspension solid motor mount inserts. It replaces the front and rear mounts and keeps the motor from moving back and forth. I feel like it eliminated about 40% of my torque steer then I did the transmission mount and got full coilovers and I have no torque steer whatsoever in my 07 gs.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/5.1104

For the transmission mount, you can use Prothane 13-503 and you install the same as the Energysuspension front and rear by hollowing out the old rubber and inserting it.

These alone changes the whole driver feel and is less than $100

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh yeah, and Energysuspension also makes rear control arm bushings which really helps get rid of the floating boat feeling the rear has.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I will say doing just suspension work on these cars makes a world of a difference. Do all of the ES bushings available and a rear sway bar and you will notice a huge difference in handling. Add coilovers in as icing on the cake. You can still find the front tower strut bar, I have the Tanabe. But it seems Tanabe stop making the lower brace bar, which I have been after for a while. Which is currently the only thing i'm missing besides changing the front sway bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts