Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been noticing on every after market head unit job the dash grill doesn't look like it sits inside/flush with the rest of the dash like with the stock grill. They look like they protrude outward overlapping the dashboard. Is this the way the after market grills are made or are people having trouble getting them tucked back into place? Does Mitsubishi make a double din grill that sits like the stock?

Copied from google, probly someone from here.

Metra 99-7010 Dash Kit

Scosche MI3017B

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jk guess it does. I hadn't noticed until now. It's not like awkwardly protruding or anything. The edge sits flush with the rest of the dash, but by design it's raised a little. Idk if you'll find one without it, but I really don't think it looks bad. Good luck with your search! Sorry I wasn't more helpful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a little ocd when it come to details. I'm gonna have to buy both after market grills now and see if they both do this. If Mitsubishi does not sell one officially and neither after markets sit correctly i will either try to dremel the sides down or buy an extra stock grill from ebay or something and dremel a housing into that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the metra dash kitand It does stick out a little on mine too. But it's on the right side of the car so I can't really see it while I'm driving so I just left it. It's hardly noticeable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts