Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So this has been going on for a couple of months now but every so often my ASC light will stay on and won't go off until I turn off my car, and I have had a constant SES light no matter what. I have RRE headers also and my exhaust seems to shake and vibrate pretty bad and when it idles in drive it shakes it doesn't shake or anything when I put it in park. I was telling Alex that I used to have a CAI intake and for some reason decided to drive it on a super rainy day and after that is when all my problems started. He thinks it could be the MAF causing everything leading to a small misfire. Just wanted to get y'all's thoughts as well! I haven't posted codes yet because I just wanted to again hear y'all's thoughts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAF issues will cause wrong fueling. Usually too much fuel. That'll cause misfires and rich conditions. Overly rich can throw the SES, the stability warning MAY be related to too rich, as the load calculations become wrong.
Gotcha I see. A few people said it could possibly be my O2 sensors but not sure about that. My mpg's seem to be just fine. I also tried cleaning the MAF but it did't do anything. Should I try replacing the MAF or post some codes here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts