Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys..... I have a sweet double DIN deck, amp and 15" subwoofer thats been collecting dust for a few years now. I need to either get this installed or sell it.... and am leaning towards installing. I installed systems in my old Cobalt and sunfire many moons ago, but for this install, since its been 5 or more years, ill probably pay someone to install for me. From what I understand, I need the Mito-01.... my eclipse is a GS 2011.

Question: Is it possible to setup to have both my built in eclipse sub and 15" sub running together? Or is it possible to have them easily swappable for road trips (For example, if I need space for camping and want to remove the 15" without to much hassle but still be able to use the built in sub for the trip)? Having them run together is not the main concern, it is space, so jumping from one sub to another may be the best option (if possible).

Thanks,
Chizzler

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sabertooth!! .... the Mito-01 definitely isn't cheap eh, even with having the Sub, Amp, and deck... it'll still be a few bucks to get all the stuff needed (Mito-01, bracket etc).

Debating on doing the audio system because I already have the gear or selling the gear and doing the headlights. I've read about the concerns with the aftermarket LED halo headlights and the details needed to follow by during install. So tough decsion... can't wait to get my eclipse out of storage in the coming weeks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Chizzler, I can actually weigh in on this a bit seeing as I have a pioneer double din, and the MITO-01. I believe you can split the subwoofer output signal (RCA) on the back of your deck, send one to the MITO-01 (this will be the ONLY way i know of to retain the stock sub) and the other side would run to your aftermarket amp and sub. You could also put a kill switch on your amp so if you need the space, you just disconnect the sub from the amp and you got your trunk back. also, if you extend the wiring harness (given you feel comfortable doing so), you can probably mount the MITO-01 somewhere accessible and control the stock sub volume entirely independently. Just throwing ideas out there :)

I will warn you from experience, the MITO-01 is built like poop. I went through 3 poorly made units till I finally settled. With my current unit, there is a small buzz in my speaker when I adjust my mirrors (which is RARELY). There used to be a unit I had where I could hear a buzz get louder as I accelerate, and a LOUD-A$$ pop when my doors locked/unlocked. Definitely check these things before you finish your install (if you end up buying it) and do it within the exchange period so you can swap for a "less defective" unit lol. There is a thread out there for the MITO-01 that may help you out:

http://club4g.org/board/tuning-electronics/108993-mito-01-wiring-pics.html

·
2,510 Posts
Wow for the cost of the Mito 01 it’s still built like crap? So glad my car had the non Rockford system so it was so much easier to go aftermarket with the $12 generic wiring harness...
Honestly if I did have the Rockford system, given all these mito problems, I’d prob just do a full audio refab like I know some guys did, just get power to your headunit and the illumination wire and then run rca’s to a 5 ch amp for doors rears and aftermarket sub, then run dash tweeters off headunit front wires? Honestly a better sounding setup in the end and more robust

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.... I actually am quite happy with my Rockford built in sub and deck.... the extra bass would be nice and touch screen deck... but sounds like alot of possible headaches to get to where I want to be with the new deck, amp and sub. Glad to know that I could go from the new sub to old one pretty easily thought!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts