Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to be coming into quite a bit of money. Now I could spend this on a custom turbo but there is a more pressing issue with this car. The front wheel drive feels like shit and im tired of pretending it doesn't haha. Im looking to do a full swap but there is little to no information on this. I found one YouTube video from a guy who can't hold a camera right and it was more about showcasing the swap instead of explaining. Any tips or places to look around for info? Thanks guys.

·
Basically Stock
5,817 Posts
Not my list*. It's 6G75 biased. So ignore bellhousing adapter stuff

AWD swap parts required. Quick list. May be missing a few things.

Evo Transmission 5 speed. Evo 8 preferred. But Evo 7-9 ok. 6 speed is weaker.

Evo manual transmission wiring harness. Reverse sensor plugs right into the eclipse plug. But the speed sensor plug is different. And will need spliced into the eclipse harness. Evo 8 only. Others may be different plugs. So a harness to match the transmission you get. Speedometer works well and is accurate with the evo 8 transmission speed sensor.

Transfer case. Evo 7-9. Non ACD. ACD not ideal. But will work.

The 3 shafts to connect the transmission transfer case and front axles. This may come with the transmission or transfer case. But if not will be needed. The one between the transmission and transfer case is usually still in the transmission. But the two for the front axles is normally not as they need to be removed to disconnects the parts.

Rear differential Evo 8 is best but requires more fabrication. Custom mounting brackets to mount It in the endeavor rear subframe. Endeavor rear diff is not as good but easier to install with the factory endeavor mounting brackets. Less fabrication. Evo has a factory LSD. Endeavor does not.

Centre drive shaft. Evo 7-9. Centre drive shaft brackets will need welded in the tunnel. This is slightly too long. The evo has a longer wheel base. But it can be used if mounted correctly. But shortening slightly is ideal. Evo is 1.9" longer wheel base.

All 4 Evo cv axles. Or Evo front and Endeavor rears if using Endeavor rear differential.

Educator ring on evo rear axles will need relocated over to allow abs to still function.

Your original front axles. Evo front inner and Oem front outer axles pieces needed for custom axles.

All cv axles will need to be made custom length with the oem outer pieces.

Stock eclipse speed sensors work ok.

Evo fuel tank. Or modified stock tank. Needs clearance for drive shaft and differential.

Endeavor rear subframe.

Endeavor rear knuckles. Will need custom work done to make the brakes fit. Or use Endeavor rear brakes. Custom ebrakes.

Modified rear toe suspension arm. This car being much lower the toe arm becomes too long. Adjustable modification is best to achieve ideal alignment.

Custom adapter plates to mount evo transmission to the V6. This is the really hard part. ***

But it will bolt to the 4cylinder in the 4G. Not sure of the clutch requirements in the 4 cylinder. But an evo clutch may be your best bet.

With a properly built adapter plate and a custom push conversion throw out bearing plate. With a stock throw out bearing from the V6. An standard V6 clutch and flywheel can be used. But a custom clutch with clutch masters evo push conversion throw out bearing is ideal.

Custom engine mounts. Passenger side on the engine can be reused. But the rest need to be custom.

Custom exhaust to clear drive shaft. Custom mid pipe to clear around transfer case. And possibly custom headers also. I modified my obx long tube headers to make them work.

Old below this line

Evo manual transmission wiring harness. Reverse sensor plugs right into the eclipse plug. But the speed sensor plug is different. And will need spliced into the eclipse harness. Evo 8 only. Others may be different plugs. So a harness to match the transmission you get. Speedometer works well and is accurate with the evo 8 transmission speed sensor.

The 3 shafts to connect the transmission transfer case and front axles. This may come with the transmission or transfer case. But if not will be needed. The one between the transmission and transfer case is usually still in the transmission. But the two for the front axles is normally not as they need to be removed to disconnects the parts.

Rear differential Evo 8 is best but requires more fabrication. Custom mounting brackets to mount It in the endeavor rear subframe. Endeavor rear diff is not as good but easier to install with the factory endeavor mounting brackets. Less fabrication. Evo has a factory LSD. Endeavor does not.

Centre drive shaft. Evo 7-9. Centre drive shaft brackets will need welded in the tunnel. This is slightly too long. The evo has a longer wheel base. But it can be used if mounted correctly. But shortening slightly is ideal. Evo is 1.9" longer wheel base.

All 4 Evo cv axles. Or Evo front and Endeavor rears if using Endeavor rear differential.

Educator ring on evo rear axles will need relocated over to allow abs to still function.

Your original front axles. Evo front inner and Oem front outer axles pieces needed for custom axles.

Evo fuel tank. Or modified stock tank. Needs clearance for drive shaft and differential.

Endeavor rear subframe.

Endeavor rear knuckles. Will need custom work done to make the brakes fit. Or use Endeavor rear brakes. Custom ebrakes.

Modified rear toe suspension arm. This car being much lower the toe arm becomes too long. Adjustable modification is best to achieve ideal alignment.

Custom adapter plates to mount evo transmission to the V6. This is the really hard part. ***

But it will bolt to the 4cylinder in the 4G. Not sure of the clutch requirements in the 4 cylinder. But an evo clutch may be your best bet.

With a properly built adapter plate and a custom push conversion throw out bearing plate. With a stock throw out bearing from the V6. An standard V6 clutch and flywheel can be used. But a custom clutch with clutch masters evo push conversion throw out bearing is ideal.

Custom engine mounts. Passenger side on the engine can be reused. But the rest need to be custom.

Custom exhaust to clear drive shaft. Custom mid pipe to clear around transfer case. And possibly custom headers also. I modified my obx long tube headers to make them work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not my list*. It's 6G75 biased. So ignore bellhousing adapter stuff

Endeavor rear subframe.

Old below this line

Endeavor rear subframe.

I greatly appreciate this Sabertooth!

·
Basically Stock
5,817 Posts
Not a problem. Hopefully this year is the year I finally take the plunge on that too... It'll be down to when I sell my TT. My GS is gonna become an AWD daily lmao. I'm keeping the race engine in it and the turbo. I miss daily driving it too much. So I'm gonna say goodbye fuel economy, hello race daily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts