Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Sunset Pearlescent 2009 Eclipse GT 6-SPD, was born on April 24th, 2009 then shipped to Montreal, Quebec where she spent most of her life. Until December 20th, 2016 when I laid eyes on her and brought her back home to the GTA. She was fully loaded with a sunroof, the Rockford Fosgate sound system, HID projector headlights, leather seats, 2-tone terra cotta interior and a gorgeous paint job. I bought her with 74,000km, a burnt out clutch, and gas cap (fuel door) cancer. The 6hr drive back home was pretty fun. It was a great first road trip.

Current Mods:

Exterior
Tints - 15% all around
Gun Metal Painted Fuel Door (Gas-cap cancer cure)
Vortex Generator rear spoiler

Brakes
Custom Metallic Gold Calipers w/Eclipse Decal

Interior
Mitsubishi Seat Belt Pad

Stereo System/Electronics
Pioneer 7" AVH-X4800BS Double Din w/Bluetooth

Exterior Lighting
Bright White LED Reverse Bulbs
Bright White LED License Plate Bulb

Interior Lighting
RGB LEDs in footwell (trunk in progress)

Here are some pics from when I first got her:

Future Mods:

Exterior

Suspension
- Full Coilover set (D2 or Megan Racing)
- Lowered ~2"

Brakes
- Slotted/Drilled Rotors
- (Maybe upgrade to full Brembo kit)

Engine/Drivetrain
- Clutch Masters FX250 Stage 2.5 Clutch (Purchased already from ACI :D , just waiting to install)
- Injen CAI
- RRE Exhaust Headers
- Magnaflow Cat-back

Interior
- Momo Shifter knob
- Hydro-dip interior

Stereo System/Electronics
- Hella Horn Kit

Exterior Lighting
- RGB Halo Retrofit
- Projector Eyelids
- Paint headlight/taillight insides black (or get aftermarket black)
- HID Fog Lights
- Welcome Lights

Interior Lighting
- Change Ignition Ring LED
- RGB LEDs in Trunk

Wheels/Tires
- Repair and Repaint Stock rims
OR
- 20" Enkei Razr Wheels

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Curing the Gas-Cap Cancer

This is what my fuel door looked like when I bought it :puke:

Primed it:

Painted it a "Gun-Metal" Color, with 4-5 coats of clearcoat:

Finished Product:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Installing a Pioneer 7" double din

I wanted full control of the Rockford Fosgate system, and the stock deck just wouldn't cut it. The first thing I did to the car (before I put plates on it) was install the AUX cable. It helped a little, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. I did a little bit of digging and found that if I just upgraded to a double din (and install the Axxess MITO-01 Amp Interface), I would get the full potential out of the Rockford Fosgate system. Cost me a pretty penny, but totally worth it. I love the bluetooth feature, especially because this year Eclipse didn't come with bluetooth (I think only 2011+ had it). The only minor issue I'm having is when I unlock the doors, or turn the ignition off, I get a loud pop in the speakers. If anyone has experienced this, I'd love to hear your solution. Some have told me a capacitor could potentially fix this.

I'll definitely post some better pictures of the deck soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Late Night Drive

I went for a drive late one night and pulled up in a parking lot. The car looked more yellow-orange than usual :D Looked like a nice spot for a couple of pictures:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Her first wax

I finally got time one Friday afternoon and gave her a nice wax job. Meguiars Ultimate Compound made her super-shiny and silky-smooth :yum:. It got out most of the surface scratches and scuffs that Montreal's Winter put on it before it left.

Her bumper was so shiny, that you can see how messy my garage was :D!

·
Dank Meme Extraordinaire
366 Posts
Looks great man! The gunmetal fuel cap looks dank AF. Might have to try it out for myself

I plan on adding a double din Pioneer AVH4200NEX, you have any tips for your install??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great man! The gunmetal fuel cap looks dank AF. Might have to try it out for myself

I plan on adding a double din Pioneer AVH4200NEX, you have any tips for your install??
Thanks Justin! As for the double din install, make sure if you are using the MITO-01 amp interface, all your connections are securely connected. I thought mine were clipped in tight, then I went over a bump and half of my speakers stopped working LOL. If you are not using the MITO-01 interface, then its super simple, shouldn't have any problem, the deck comes out pretty easy, and there is plenty of space to work in there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been a little while

Its been a while since I've posted anything, but that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work :)

Here are some pics from late August after I washed my Eclipse and my '03 Impala (My Daily):

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bright White LED Reverse Bulbs and Plate Bulb

I upgrade my reverse lights and my plate light to super bright white LED Bulbs. I can actually see things behind me in reverse now :O, plus it gives the car a nice look.

License Plate Before:

License Plate After:

Reverse Lights Before:

Reverse Lights After:

Reverse Lights in the Night (No Filter):

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow! That is a beauty! How about the reverse lights. It's just replacement or need some retrofitting in there?
Hey falcopunk, they were direct fit. I had to wiggle it a bit so it was seated well. Just ensure they turn on before you seal up your taillight. Other than that, I haven't had a problem since they've been installed. They're actually pretty bright, I can see thru my 20% rear tint lol.

I just went on Amazon to check out what was good. I would definitely recommend them for the price and value.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XWB39DR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hey thx for that
No problem dude!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts