Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 07 GT has lots of blind spot when backing up.
I search in here and lots of people use the license plate bracket back up camera. Unfortunately,it’s not legal in my area.
Is there any other OEM back up camera from outlander, evo or gallant that we can use?
I try the aftermarket one but don’t have any place to mount it. The license plate light is right in the middle of the area..
Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you meant by “project America car”??
You meant any project car don’t have back up camera or any 4g Mitsubishi projected for America don’t have back up camera?
Anyway I found this on Amazon.

It looks nice but i’ll measure the space underneath the license plate to see if it fits...

·
Basically Stock
5,842 Posts
Project America/Endeavor platform is the platform the 4G, the Endeavor, and the Galant were based on.

It has nothing to do with it being a "project car". That matters as much to if Mitsubishi puts a back-up camera on something as if the buyer has ceiling fans in their home.

Universal will be your best bet. OEM ones usually integrate with infotainment systems anyway, which heavily complicates things

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You’re right. I found a bunch of aftermarket plug and play back up cameras.
They are easy to install. It’s just that the 4g doesn’t have enough space to mount due to the light in the way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s the license plate light.
I don’t mind drilling at all. My area doesn’t allow license plate frame but I can just mount the camera above the license plate a little bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is how I mounted mine above the license plate. No drilling holes or screws needed. Just properly angle the backup camera.
IMG_5733.JPG
camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why not an actual Double DIN from a reputable brand?
Yes! I somewhat agree with you. I had trouble with GPS antenna issue due to internal short (the car stereo system kept on rebooting). To make the story short, I ended up ordering a new GPS antenna using Amazon credit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice.. so that does fit.
I look around and not sure before but now you confirm that works..
Thanks bud..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts