Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  abhi 
#1 · (Edited)
Backup camera system I developed for Android phones

Hi Guys,
Premise:
I am an eclipse owner 2007 GT-P, and i am sure you guys feel the same as me that you feel blind when reversing. I have tint on my rear windshield and there could be a giant truck behind me at night or in winter if the headlights are off i would not see it.
Anyhow due to this I bought a backup camera from amazon for less than 100 bucks as no-way i am spending $800 on backup camera system and replacing the awesome rocksford fosgate system. When i installed, i hated that $20 shit screen in my car that would not even stay stuck to the leather finish in our car plus it always flickered and quality was SHYTEEE.
So i kept making changes and improving it and 6 months down I had a product that i developed myself which works with your android phones. Its not the Bluetooth or wifi ones that you might have seen (you would know they are not good if you have used one). This one is connected to your phone through micro-usb or type C.
My Product:
It works with an app called USB camera pro. I worked with the developer to make it seamless, where you do not have to touch the phone. You put the car in reverse, the video shows up, you put it in drive, video goes away. You can do auto-record so that you have record for insurance claims if someone hits you while you are in reverse (generally, you are automatically at fault if you are in reverse), there is no lag between reality and the video.
It comes with amazing in-detailed 7 page installation guide so that you could do it yourself.
Would cost only $150 for camera+wireless kit+AndroidCam+cables.If you are okay fishing the cable from rear to front, would recommend without wireless kit which is $130. If you have your own camera but just want to replace the crappy monitor with your phone, I can sell the android-cam(what i designed and developed) for $110.
Please look at all the images as I feel you would be pleasantly surprised at the quality.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FKDFJ8Q

Conclusion:
I am about to post it on amazon for sale in the next couple days but I am wondering if people would be interested and what do you all think of the product.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raw0RzyteF0&feature=youtu.be

I appreciate the support. If possible please like, comment and subscribe on my youtube video.

Thanks guys!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.